- Free online Naturality Gatherings - 2021
- EarthKeepers Free Symposium Dec. 20-22
- Certified Laughter Yoga Leader (CLYL) Training
- Level 2 Yin Yoga and Inner Path March 2021 ONLINE
- Meditation Returning to the roots of Self On Line
- November 2nd, Bali
- Chair Yoga 20 hour Certification
- 200hr Classical Style YTT Feb 1-June12 2021
- 2 Weekend PowerFit Yoga course
- September 11'20 - November 22'20 ONLINE Training
Yoga for Healthy Aging, Oct 19 & 20, Peterborough
Attention yoga teachers! Have you noticed how many students in their 50’s and beyond are joining your yoga classes? Have you questioned if you have the teaching skills to offer classes to this population that are safe and age-appropriate?
In this comprehensive 15-hour continuing education training for yoga teachers, you’ll develop skills and confidence to support yoga students who are in their 50’s and beyond in your yoga classes.
Learn about common health conditions experienced and how to program, sequence and cue classes that are safer and provide more benefit to this specific population. Discover how to tap into the positive opportunities that yoga offers for stretching, strengthening, mindful connection to breath, and relaxation specific to this stage of life.
This course is taught by Certified Yoga Therapist and E-RYT 500 Heather Clarke. Heather has over 30 years of experience working with aging clients in a variety of settings including hospitals, senior retirement homes, private physiotherapy clinics and yoga studios. She trained in Gerontological Studies at McMaster University, and has plethora of additional trainings in movement for osteoporosis, acquired brain injuries, heart health, breast cancer, brain fitness, and mindfulness-based stress reduction.
Over the course of 2 days, you’ll learn through lecture, discussion, practice and handouts. You will experience 4 unique 1-hour yoga classes, each targeted to different needs of the 50+ population.
Topics covered include:
- Bone Health
- Balance & Falls Prevention
- Endurance + Strength for Fatigue
- Stress Management, Emotional Health, Anxiety & Depression
- Systems Check-in: Respiratory, Circulatory, Digestion, Lymphatic and Nervous Systems
- Chakra Energy
This program is registered through the Canadian Yoga Alliance, and you will receive a certificate at the end to use towards Continuing Education Hours.
Saturday October 19th and Sunday October 20th.
8:30 am – 5:30 pm, with a 1.5 hour lunch break both days.
Held at The Willow Studio, 1600 Lansdowne Street West, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada.
Early Bird (before Sept 15): $190 + HST; Regular: $250 + HST. This training is limited to 14 students.
Payment plans are available – please contact email@example.com for more information.
Register for this course through our Mindbody site at https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=268942&stype=-8&sTG=23&sVT=2100&sView=day&sLoc=0
Learn more about our studio at www.willowpeterborough.com .