Recent CYA News
- OVERNIGHT YOGA RETREAT REGULATIONS ONTARIO
- Free Toronto Yoga Show Passes
- Arthritis Research Foundation Fundraiser
- March 1-7 2016 International Music Festival
- Donate. Sponsor. Volunteer.
- Congratulation to the Prime Minister of Canada!
- 17 Global Goals as set by the UN
- Stretching the Limits at International Yoga Day
- ParQ Question
- CYA Members Free Entry /April '15 Yoga Conference
Recent Member Events
- Starting Therapeutic 'Physio-Yoga' at Care2Cure
- Advanced Yoga Teacher Training (300-hr)
- The Dharana Method Meditation Level #1 100HR
- THE YOGA SUTRAS
- Portugal Yoga Retreat
- Cultivated Thoughts: A Course in Mindfulness
- Parivartan Goes to Argentina!BUENOS AIRES &USHUAIA
- Refresh, Renew and Re-Energize -Pre Summer Retreat
- 200HR Holistic Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program
- Learn to Overcome Anxiety Naturally
Starting Therapeutic 'Physio-Yoga' at Care2Cure
Practicing in the clinic setup to guide clients for modification of Yoga poses to bring ease to their postural limitations and other difficulties experiencing to achieve individual goals....
Advanced Yoga Teacher Training (300-hr)
An 18-month training for people who have completed their 200-hr YTT. Based in the teachings of Sri Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar, this training will allow students to be certified as RYT-500.
The Dharana Method Meditation Level #1 100HR
The Dharana Method® is a whole-life approach to being at peace. The Dharana Method utilizes tools including meditation, yoga, pranayama (breathing), Ayurveda (nourishment, behavioral, and detox practices), and manifestation (intentional living) to help you to stop identifying with negative thoughts and teach you to regulate uncomfortable emotions.
Students of this method will experience:
• Decreased anxiety, depression, and insomnia
• Getting one's body out of “fight or flight” state, known to cause disease including cancer, chronic fatigue and obesity
• Greater memory, focus and creativity
• Better sex and relationships
• Release of the body’s “feel-good” neurotransmitters, including dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, and endorphins
• Decreased blood pressure and hypertension
• Lowered cholesterol levels
• Reduced production of “stress hormones” including cortisol and adrenaline
• More efficient oxygen use by the body
• Increased production of the anti-aging hormone DHEA
• Improved immune function
• Spontaneous weight-loss
• Spiritual fulfillment
and much, much more!
THE YOGA SUTRAS
SATURDAY, May 25TH
10:30 am - 5:30 pm
OCEAN MOUNTAIN YOGA
Understand: What Yoga is really all about
Learn: The Heart of the Yoga Sutras
Experience: The Essence of Yoga
Sandra Sammartino: Founder of Yoga Outreach,
co-founder of the American Yoga Alliance
and Yoga practitioner for over 45 years will guide you through an
understanding of the Yoga Sutras.
Portugal Yoga Retreat
Join Leanne Davis (E-RYT 500) for an inspiring yoga retreat located in the heart of Olhao, Portugal!
We all lead extremely busy and chaotic lives, but we don't often take the time to take care of ourselves, tune with who we truly are and show ourselves the love and gratitude we deserve.
My intention for our time together is to provide you with a unique and inspiring getaway to help you find a sense of renewal and connect back in with your true nature. Enjoy daily yoga and meditation on our rooftop terrace overlooking the city. My classes will have emphasis on mindful alignment, connected breath and offer a mix of strength and fluidity on the mat. I am dedicated to holding a safe and comforting space for you to evolve physically, emotionally and spiritually throughout our time together.
Expect plenty of free time to explore the old city, relax in our historic home, chill by the pool, venture to the waterfront, enjoy the local cafes & restaurants, take an adventure to the local islands, go hiking, and so much more!
Cultivated Thoughts: A Course in Mindfulness
Becoming more mindful with our everyday interactions and experiences leads to less anxiety, stress and greater happiness. It is a process rather than a goal; present centred as opposed to attainable in the future.
Parivartan Goes to Argentina!BUENOS AIRES &USHUAIA
PARIVARTAN HOT YOGA STUDIO
ANNUAL YOGA RETREAT
October 19th – 27th, 2019
BUENOS AIRES & USHUAIA, ARGENTINA
Yoga Retreat Hosted by Michelle Canasa-Sammut
Refresh, Renew and Re-Energize -Pre Summer Retreat
Need a weekend to get away from the busy day to day? How about a weekend with some friends?
Join Michelle, in our 1st Weekend Getaway Retreat in Gravenhurst, ON!
This is an All-Inclusive Weekend Retreat to allow you to Refresh, Renew and Re-Energize!
200HR Holistic Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program
Are you feeling called to deepening your personal sadhana, expanding your knowledge of Yoga philosophy, tradition, and practices?
Is personal healing a priority for you right now?
Do you have a longing to share the Yoga tradition with others?
Offered every other year, the Breathe Live Believe Holistic Hatha Yoga Teacher Training and personal growth and transformation program begins November 6th, 2019.
Our program's path has strong classical yogic roots tied to the Himalayan Tradition, with a holistic integrated, trauma sensitive approach. It is both a Yogic lifestyle immersion as well as a Yoga teacher training. Our students are immersed in the practices and study of Yoga for 10 months, learning to live a Yogic lifestyle following the classical paths of Hatha and Raja/Ashtanga Yoga.
Our program is intensive, rich, and full, consisting of weekly 3 hr gatherings and five 21hr weekend intensives, including a talented, heart-centered group of guest presenters and a very special weekend training intensive with Jeff E. Masters of The Masters Institute.
If you're feeling called to dive deep into Yoga, personal healing and walking the spiritual path, this might be the program for you.
Please visit http://www.breathelivebelieve.ca/holistic-hatha-yoga-teacher-training/ for more details.
Learn to Overcome Anxiety Naturally
The Overcome Anxiety Clinic is a natural and holistic approach to managing and overcoming anxiety. It is designed for people with acute stress, generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and post-traumatic stress, for example. Each session includes education, an exploration of mindfulness, meditation, mudras, affirmations, gentle yoga (no yoga experience required), guided relaxation and many other self-regulation tools and techniques to break the psychological, biochemical and physical cycles of anxiety.
Click HERE to view previous articles.