Recent CYA News
- BC COVID-PASSPORT
- PROVINCIAL LINKS FOR COVID-19 INFORMATION
- ONLINE INSURANCE FOR MEMBERS
- CANADIAN CRITICAL CARE STATS
- ONLINE INSURANCE
- BUSINESS RESILIENCE SERVICES ( free to June 21)
- PROVINCIAL BUSINESS LINKS FOR REOPENING
- PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES
- ONLINE INSURANCE COVERAGE DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- OVERNIGHT YOGA RETREAT REGULATIONS ONTARIO
Recent Member Events
- Mindful Yoga Teacher Training 2022
- Spring 2022 Apr/May 50 Hour Yin Yoga TT In-Person
- Leading Online & In-Person Yoga Teacher Training
- 100hr Yoga Nidra Instructor Certification
- 1000hr Yoga Therapy Certification Program
- RYT 200 Immersive
- January 1st 2022 New Years Day Yin Workshop
- 4th Feb - 2nd Mar 2022 level 2 300hr YTT in Goa
- 6th April -30th April 2022 200hr YTT in Goa
- 9th March - 2nd April 2022 200hr YTT in Goa
1000hr Yoga Therapy Certification Program
The Professional Yoga Therapist Program is an accessible, trauma informed modular training program. As a complete professional program, students are prepared to design and teach therapeutic yoga for groups and individuals with specific needs or health challenges. Students develop knowledge and understanding of the philosophy, theory, process, and application of yoga therapy using the Atlas Yoga Therapy model, based on the Five Koshas.
There are 2 intake times per year. Programming can be completed in a combination of in person, live online and recorded course pack materials.
Applications for the January intake are due January 14, 2022 and September 15 for the fall intake.
The program spans a minimum of 2 years and includes access to 1000 hours of training. Past certifications and course work can be applied to your course through a personal interview with the director of education, Denise Davis-Gains. The cost is also adjusted based on this discussion. All course trajectories are discussed in advance and you may enter the program at an advanced, intermediate or beginner level.