Ruby Ramji (CYA-YT Member)
- Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Subtle authentic Hatha Yoga with focus on latest scientific research on Neuroplasticity which involves increasing inner awareness(pratyahara) that is being mindful and learn to control one's senses, thoughts, emotions and body. Movement with breathwork to optimize brain function and unleash it's hidden power.
- Certified: Subtle Yoga, Ashville Yoga Center, Embodia, The Embody Lab,
- Years of Practice: >15
- Teaching Experience: >3
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: journey of education continues........ Kristine Weber - Subtle Yoga - (I am also a Member of Subtle Yoga Resilience Society) Douglas Keller - YogaUonline - (Ashville Yoga Center - Therapeutic Wisdom of Yoga Embodia - Dr Arielle Shwartz - Applied Polyvagal theory in Yoga Embodia - Swami Lisa & Neil Pearson (Pain Care Aware) The Embody Lab - Peter Levine PhD - Healing Trauma (Sounds True) Brandt Passalacqua - Breathing Deeply Yoga Therapy - Based on Krishna Macharia Lineage Sean Fargo - Mindfulness Meditations
- Date Joined: May 12, 2022
- CYA Insurance: No
I have practiced yoga for over 15 years and not long ago I was diagnosed of perineural cysts in my nerve roots.
I have lived with chronic pain and lost my biopsychosocial life to fear because of excruciating pain, physical disability with anxiety and feeling of helplessness. I was confused of how to live my life because I was distanced from my body and my emotional self. CURIOSITY to live well and bring positive change into my life inspired me to learn more about my pain.
Moving forward, I committed myself to be COMPASSIONATE with myself instead of feeling guilty and useless, so I joined SUBTLE YOGA and mindful yoga classes. I also joined BREATHING DEEPLY to learn more about Yoga Therapy and MINDFULNESS & MEDITATIONS to understand my suffering. With the help of my teachers, I was able to understand the authentic and scientific path of yoga. I UNDERSTOOD my pain and accepted that I am in YOGA class NOT TO HEAL my pain but to TRANSFORM and help myself to LIVE WELL, build physical and emotional RESILIENCE. I saw reward in being SELF AWARE of how much I can do, even if I have done better before only because I found YOGA to be SAFE AND INCLUSIVE.
REPETITIVE MOVEMENTS with self awareness helped my body to feel fluid and move better, my curiosity heightened and I started to learn more and more about Pain and Science in Yoga. My curious mind was stronger and I learned about the secret weapon to change - NEUROPLASTICITY. - which involves increasing inner awareness (pratyahara) that is being mindful and learn to control one's senses, thoughts, emotions and body. GROUNDING movements to relax my body and calm the mind, coupled with CONSCIOUS BREATHING, help make changes in the nervous system and build resilience, optimize brain function to unleash its hidden power.
MINDFULNESS & MEDITATION, MY DAILY PRAERS also helped in learning new habits with confidence without shame or guilt. My PERCEPTION to feelings and senses changed to positive and focused. Away from wandering thoughts or unresolved conflicts. I was ready to face daily challenges and suffering.
I will continue my yoga journey with DISCIPLINE & COMMITTMENT, changing my pain into wisdom, a journey that is ongoing, full of new experiences, achieving and sharing more knowledge everyday.
I would like to say Thank you to all my teachers who continue to support me with their wisdom and special thank you to my husband and my daughters. Thank you!
About My Service
"LOKA SAMSTA SUKHINO BHAVANTU - may everyone in the whole world be happy"
I believe in Eastern Philosophy, the koshas are considered layers of energy sheaths that surround your soul. The body is made up of five elements earth (prithivi), water (apas), fire (agni), air (vayu) and ether (akasha). We can balance these to get to know ourselves, ease our suffering, arrive at a state of bliss. Live a meaningful and well life.
The latest Science research explains the scientific path of yoga by understanding our pain or suffering. By training our Nervous System to build resilience and optimize brain function to unleash it's hidden power.