Susie Fisher (CYA-RYT 200 Member)
- Location: Altona, Manitoba Canada
- Website: www.altonayoga.ca
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Service Offered: Yoga, Chair Yoga, Meditation, Workshops
- Certified: CYA-RYT 300
- Years of Practice: 25
- Teaching Experience: 9
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Sheena Kilpatrick (Harmony Tree Studio, Morden MB) Rachel Reid (Ashtanga Yoga Victoria, Victoria BC) Shauna Ellerby (Yoga Centre Winnipeg, Winnipeg MB)
- Date Joined: August 25, 2016
- CYA Insurance: HUB International
I took my first yoga class at the age of thirteen. At thirty-eight, I continue to grow in my knowledge of yoga and to deepen my personal practice. When traveling, I particularly enjoy exploring new yoga studios and styles!
In 2020 I opened Altona's first yoga studio! Altona Yoga is a welcoming, accessible, and safe community space where we aim to offer instruction in mindful movement and the art of presence.
About My Service
I have been teaching yoga in the Altona area since 2014. I am a certified yoga instructor with the Canadian Yoga Alliance. I have a wide range of experience in various styles of yoga, such as: Iyengar Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, and Hatha Yoga. I also have continuing education in Qigong and Prenatal Yoga. I have tried to maintain a gentle yet creative approach to the practice, and aim to encourage students to listen carefully to what their bodies are telling them. At the same time, I invite students to step outside of their comfort zones and explore new ways of breathing and being that facilitate growth and openness in the body and mind.
As the owner of Altona Yoga, I hope to generate a greater awareness and appreciation of community and I work hard to create opportunities for education and learning via the studio. I am presently completing her 500-hour yoga teacher training certification with Harmony Tree Studio. I am interested in exploring further training in Yoga Therapy.
In addition to my yoga certification, I hold an M.A in Religion and Social Sciences from McMaster University and a Ph.D. in History from the University of Manitoba. I volunteer my time with numerous community organisations, such as the Neubergthal Heritage Foundation, the Mennonite Historic Arts Committee, Gallery in the Park, and the Buffalo Creek Triathlon. I am an avid reader, a gardener, and find joy in curating calming spaces.
- 200+ hours of Advanced Yoga Teacher Training (September 03, 2022@12:15:PM)
- Therapeutic Qigong (September 03, 2022@12:14:PM)
- Qigong for Emotional Balance (September 03, 2022@12:13:PM)
- Pre & Post-Natal Fitness/Yoga (August 25, 2016@2:27:PM)