Recent CYA News
- OVERNIGHT YOGA RETREAT REGULATIONS ONTARIO
- Free Toronto Yoga Show Passes
- Arthritis Research Foundation Fundraiser
- March 1-7 2016 International Music Festival
- Donate. Sponsor. Volunteer.
- Congratulation to the Prime Minister of Canada!
- 17 Global Goals as set by the UN
- Stretching the Limits at International Yoga Day
- ParQ Question
- CYA Members Free Entry /April '15 Yoga Conference
Recent Member Events
- Advanced Yoga Teacher Training (300-hr)
- The Dharana Method Meditation Level #1 100HR
- THE YOGA SUTRAS
- Portugal Yoga Retreat
- Cultivated Thoughts: A Course in Mindfulness
- Parivartan Goes to Argentina!BUENOS AIRES &USHUAIA
- Refresh, Renew and Re-Energize -Pre Summer Retreat
- 200HR Holistic Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program
- Learn to Overcome Anxiety Naturally
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
300 Hr Shamanic YTT
+ Walk the Four Directions of Personal Transformation through the Medicine Wheel +
++ Build a mesa, a personal Altar based in Mountain Shamanism ++
++ Receive 300-hr Yoga Teacher Certification ++
++ Receive Initiations, Transmissions, ceremony, Kirtan, philosophy &, Energy Healing ++
Full description is on out website.
Friday, February 15-19, 2019
Friday, April 5-9, 2019
Friday, May 31- June 4, 2019
Friday, August 16-20, 2019
300 Hour Teacher Training Details
Shamanic Yoga Teacher Training 300 Hr. Curriculum and Learning Outcomes
Techniques, Training and Practice 160 hours (135 hrs. contact, 25 hrs. non-contact) 150 Hours of Contact with Primary Shamanic Yoga Instructors includes the guided practice and analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques of:
Shamanic breathing and traditional Yogic Pranayama
Opening and closing sacred space, holding space and creating a bhav
Spiritual Connection through nature and nature based dialoguing
Invocation through sacred sound using chanting and mantra.
Meditation + Prayer /Presence + Awareness
Sitting, walking, lying down and standing, finding one’s centre and still point, dialoguing with the Divine through disclosure, gratitude and metta. A strong emphasis will be put on the practice of meditation and prayer, thus presence and awareness.
Participants will practice journeying with rattles and drums to unseen worlds retrieving power animals and soul pieces for the earth and each other.
There are five categories of Asana. The trainee will practice and learn the key poses in each category of asana (standing poses, forward bends, backbends, twists, and inversions) and will begin to develop a relationship to both the form and the function of these different categories.
Trainees will also achieve comprehension of the alignment maps for each of the five categories of asana through observation and experience of how the poses in each category share a common foundation, and how to build upon this foundation.
Building and Using a Mesa
A Mesa is a personal medicine bundle, a Shaman’s Alter and map of personal transformation using stones that have undergone an energetic process of reclaiming personal power by the individual and weaving the land into their energy body.
Much more here: