- Ayurveda 100 /200 hour body therapies .
- THE YOGA SUTRAS
- ADJUSTMENT CLINIC with Beatrix Montanile
- CHAIR YOGA & WORKING WITH PROPS
- REIKI LEVEL 1 with Reiki Master
- Cultivated Thoughts: A Course in Mindfulness
- Kids Yoga TT - Spring 2019 - Montreal
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training - Spring 2019 - Montreal
- 200hr Meditation Teacher Training Starts May 2019
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Foundations YTT with Jonathan Austman
200 Hour Foundations Yoga Teacher Certification
Jonathan Austman directs the Ashtanga Vinyasa Mysore Program at Yoga Public, has been practicing yoga and meditation since 1978 and teaching both since 1994. Inspired by his daily practice of Ashtanga yoga, he approaches teaching as an act of service; working patiently, compassionately, and respectfully with each student and their needs. Jonathan seeks to make the practice methods of Ashtanga yoga accessible to all and sees a disciplined and focused yoga practice as being integral to robust health and a well-balanced and happy life. Students find his well-informed and direct method of teaching both challenging and rewarding.
Jonathan Austman has been training and certifying Yoga Teachers since 2000 when he and Cynthia Funk developed and established the highly regarded Evolving Spirit Yoga Teacher Training program at The Yoga Sanctuary in Toronto. Since 2006 he has been offering annual Yoga Teacher Trainings in Winnipeg. His trainings provide students the foundational skills to teach yoga classes in a wide variety of styles, formats and venues. Graduates teach many forms of yoga, to diverse groups, through their own exploration and experience of the subtleties of yoga practice and theory. Jonathan’s intention is to provide students with an engaging and expansive experience of yoga as a whole.
Foundations YTT Outline
The Foundations Teacher Training program is broken into two Modules, allowing flexible options for completion of the training. Modules I and II are always scheduled consecutively. Both Modules must be completed in order to receive the Certificate of Completion.
Upon completion of Modules I and II, students will have gained practical knowledge and useful experience in the following areas:
◦ Introductory Functional Anatomy including; yogic and western views of anatomy, how to “see” the physical and energetic needs of different types and levels of students, the importance of the first posture (Samastithi, Tadasana) and an in depth introduction to the bandhas, trishtana (three places of attention) and Patanjali’s Kriya Yoga (three actions).
◦ A contemporary view of Yoga through its Theory (Samkya, Buddhism), History (Upanishads), Philosophy (Yoga Sutras, Buddhism) and the Eight Limbs of Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga as a model for caring and working with ourselves, our students and, the world we live in.
◦ The practical skills necessary for sequencing and teaching a Beginners Yoga Class, including verbal instruction, how to use demonstration, props and modifications, teaching Meditation and Pranayama, assisting/adjusting techniques and the Sanskrit pronunciation of poses.
◦ Meditation through the simplicity and depth of Annapannasati (breath awareness meditation).
◦ Adapting the practice methods and Primary Series sequence of Ashtanga Yoga to suit diverse groups.
◦ Chants from the Yoga tradition.
Summer Session 2016 - 4 Week Intensive
Module I: May 30 – June 3 & June 6 –10
Module II: June 13 – 17 & June 20 – 24
Summer 2016 Intensive Schedule:
Monday-Friday – 8:00 – 12:00/1:00 – 4:30pm (weekends off)
Fall Session 2016 - 8 Weekends
Weekend 1: September 23 – 25
Weekend 2: September 30 – October 2
Weekend 3: October 14 – 16
Weekend 4: October 21 – 23
Weekend 1: November 4 – 6
Weekend 2: November 18 – 20
Weekend 3: November 25 – 27
Weekend 4: December 2 – 4
Fridays 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturdays 9:00am – 6:00pm
Sundays 10:00 – 5:00pm
$3400 + gst
◦ Teacher Training Workshops
◦ Teacher Training Manual
For more info and application go to: