Erik Hanzen (CYA-RYT 500 Member)
- Location: St. Albert, Alberta Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Service Offered: Akhanda, Vinyasa, Hatha, and Classical Kundalini
- Certified: World Conscious Yoga Family, Trinity Yoga
- Years of Practice: 27
- Teaching Experience: 11
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Yogrishi Vishvketu Ph.D. - World Conscious Yoga Family Mary-Jo Fetterly - Trinity Yoga Jennifer Steed - Trinity Yoga Trevor Yelic - Trinity Yoga
- Date Joined: March 22, 2022
- CYA Insurance: HUB International
My love for Yoga and Ayurveda started in 1995 when I was living in Boulder, Colorado and working for an Ayurvedic herbal store. I began a basic Yoga practice to complement my active athletic lifestyle.
I now combine my formal education in Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, and Ayurveda with my athletic background and love for Truth to create a unique way to explore the depths of Self through the movement, breath and philosophy of Yoga.
I received my traditional Yoga training from Yogrishi Vishvketu. This yogic system, Akhanda Yoga is based on the 2000 year old Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Akhanda is a balanced form of yoga combining meditation, pranayama, mantra and the practice of asana (postures) which opens the practitioner to return to our natural state of peace. During my training, I was given the name Bhakti Prakash meaning “light of devotion”. This devotion can be seen in my love for spreading the light of yoga to others.
After completing my 500 hour teacher training in 2009, I began training yoga instructors in Canada and India. When not teaching yoga I enjoys spending time with his family, hiking, snowboarding, camping, reading and living a simple life.
About My Service
My service is a reflection of my love for Truth and deeper knowledge and that is what guides me in my teaching of yoga, meditation and breathing therapy. I believe we came here to discover the truth and magic of what we are and then spread that love and knowledge to others.