Steven Hughes (CYA-RYT 200 Member)
- Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Yin Yoga and Yoga Nidra
- Certified: Yoga Centre Toronto
- Years of Practice: >40
- Teaching Experience: 30
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Axel Molema, Bala Jaison, Wendy Cole, Marlene Mahwhinney (1980s) - classical Sivananda style yoga and Iyengar. Mark Lahan (Yin Yoga). iRest Yoga Nidra (Richard Miller). Mindfulness (Michele Chaban).
- Date Joined: February 08, 2020
- CYA Insurance: HUB International
Steven Hughes, M.Ed., is an Education Specialist at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) in Toronto. Steven has worked in the mental health community and psychiatric hospital system facilitating educational programs for over 30 years. As a life-long learner Steven has interests in delivering programs pertaining to the creation of psychologically safe work environments that are characterized by optimal individual and team learning, resilience and well-being. Steven has been a certified yoga teacher since 1985 specializing in yin yoga and yoga nidra. Steven integrates his interests that include transformative learning, positive psychology, dialogue methods, contemplative neuroscience, mindfulness, holotropic breathwork, and wellness-based modalities that assist individuals to cultivate self-awareness and unlock their full potential. All of his programs support learners to gently explore the edges of their personal growth boundaries and to experience new realms of self-discovery.
About My Service
I incorporate yoga and breathing exercises into my workplace workshops in the mental health field. I have not taught full yoga classes since the late 1990s.