Maija Riemer (CYA-RYT 200 Member)
- Location: Guelph, Ontario Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Service Offered: Yoga Therapy | Viniyoga Tradition; T. Krishnamacharya and T.K.V. Desikachar & Hatha Vinyasa
- Certified: The Yoga Therapy Centre Guelph & Vancouver School of Healing Arts
- Years of Practice: 15
- Teaching Experience: N/A
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Barb Quinlan, Rebekka Walker, Chantal Russel, Sjanie McInnis, Chelsea Lee, Trisha Wilson
- Date Joined: March 26, 2019
- CYA Insurance: No
I have been practicing Yoga for over a decade informally within my community. The last 4 years I have been growing my own individual practice at home as well.
I am interested in the psychological benefits of breath and movement on mental health and the holistic approaches that help to heal the mind and body. I am continuing to gain knowledge in Trauma-Informed Yoga and hope to continue to learn throughout the rest of my life and help others where I can.
About My Service
I am certified by The Yoga Therapy Centre Guelph and have been practicing yoga for over a decade. I received my Yoga Teacher Training certification from Vancouver School of Healing Arts.
I pursued Yoga Therapy to help those seeking relief from pain or to improve wellness. I use Yoga as the modality to provide physical therapy to clients.
I start each client relationship with an assessment with which to develop an individualized practice plan for you. Yoga Therapy is a holistic approach to wellness that will give you supportive yoga movements to help heal or work through injury, stress or pain. There is no need for prior yoga experience and all ages are welcome. I will work with you on an individual basis during your sessions to make sure that the exercises and practice plans are suited to your unique anatomy.
I am passionate about the benefits of Yoga as a method of improving mobility and managing pain for my clients.