Julia Khafizov (CYA-E-RYT 550 Member)
- Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta Canada
- Website: www.satoriyoga.ca
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Hatha, Yin, Restorative, Pain Care Yoga
- Certified: Trinity (now Gyatri YTT);Chopra Center Vedic Master; Insight Yoga Institute
- Years of Practice: 12
- Teaching Experience: 10
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Deepak Chopra, David Simon, Sarah Powers, Judith Lasater, Jennifer Steed, Neil Pearson, Tom Myers, Susi Hately, Seanne Corn.
- Date Joined: February 22, 2016
- CYA Insurance: No
I got some fairly severe injuries during my first YTT. Unpleasant and frustrating as they were, these injuries had forced me to investigate both gentler ways to practice, and also learn alignment principles that can prevent that happening to my students. Over the years in addition to my yoga studies, I worked in a very close relationship with a physio/movement therapist to correct my own structural and movement patterning faults. This work, as well as continuing yoga studies inform the way I teach now. I've accumulated over 1500 hours of training with different master teachers, as well as 1600 hours of teaching. I have been a member of yoga alliance since Feb of 2008, and the reason that I would like to switch to Canadian YA is because as it stands now Yoga Alliance wouldn't recognize my training as 500 hours because it didn't come from the same school.
About My Service
I teach therapeutic yoga classes + private classes; over the past years I've taught both meditation and Ayurvedic lifestyle workshops in addition to regular classes, but now I mostly focus on teaching alignment-based yoga for beginners, plus pain care yoga for stiff and sore people.