Bernice Parent (CYA-RYT 500 Member)
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
- Website: www.laviemindful.com
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Restorative, Yin
- Certified: Sandra Sammartino
- Years of Practice: 30
- Teaching Experience: 10
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Sandra Sammartino, Ruth Gregory, Kripalu Centre, Maureen Rae, Kim Meades, Donna Lewis, Stephen Cope, Don and Amba Stapleton, Mark Whitwell, Rodney Yee, Seane Corn and Esther Myers. I atended the Toronto Yoga Conference and had the opportunity to take workshops with some of these yoga gurus.
- Date Joined: January 24, 2015
- CYA Insurance: No
I am recently retired from the Corporate world where I was director of a national portfolio on Leadership and Organizational Development. Over the past 10 years I was preparing for retirement and the transition into offering more yoga and Mindfulness. I have two grown children and I am a board member on a health board, along with enjoying reading, cross-country skiing and travelling.
About My Service
I have been teaching yoga classes for the last 10 years and I actually started as a volunteer with an after school program with children. I teach adult/couples yoga classes and I teach the MBSR, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program, an 8 week program on reducing stress and paying attention to our body and mind.