Louise Vien (CYA-E-RYT 400 Member)
- Location: Waterdown, Ontario Canada
- Website: fromtheheartyoga.ca
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Service Offered: Hatha Yoga and Meditation
- Certified: Sheridan College - Hatha Yoga. Naturality - Meditation and Kundalini/Chakra
- Years of Practice: 10
- Teaching Experience: 6
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Sharon Bateman, Elizabeth Spence, Jivasu (Pradeep Kumar), Mira (Mojdeh Rostami)
- Date Joined: June 30, 2013
- CYA Insurance: HUB International
Looking back, I realize that I have been practicing different forms of yoga for most of my life.
My earliest exposure to yoga was at age five, practising with my mother in our living room, and throughout my life I have explored the holistic connection of body, mind and spirit through the study of meditation, dance, martial arts, nutrition and healing. For 12 years, I expressed my creativity through body movement in formal ballet training. I studied tai chi, qigong and kabbalah, acquired my Nia dance Teachers Certification from Roberta Mohler in Toronto, my Reiki Masters in the Tibetan-Usui system of natural healing and my Meditation and Kundalini Facilitator Certification with Naturality. I continue to deepen my yoga practice by attending on-going workshops, classes and courses.
I wanted to share the joy that yoga, meditation and dance brought to my life& and so I began to teach.
I received my training certification in Hatha Yoga at Sheridan College Institute in Oakville, Ontario under the guidance of Sharon Bateman and Elizabeth Spence. I have taught yoga at U of T Mississauga Campus, Eagle Ridge Community Center in Mississauga, The Good Shepherd in Hamilton, YMCA New Women To Canada Group in Hamilton, Waterdown YMCA, Royal Botanical Gardens and at my From The Heart Yoga home studio on the beautiful escarpment in Waterdown. As a volunteer instructor for various womens shelters, I have worked to encourage confidence and compassion, and to enhance the rich gifts of life and health.
About My Service
From The Heart Yoga is an intimate studio teaching small, personalized classes in Hatha Yoga for one to eight people. Located in the beautiful escarpment of Waterdown, Ontario, my studio facility has been created for ease and gentleness on the body and simplicity for the mind and spirit, providing a relaxed environment to fully release within your practice. I offer classes from beginner to intermediate levels in: Gentle Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Meditation, Specialty classes for Womens Health as well as Freedom Dance. My primary goal is to help people enjoy the gifts that yoga and meditation can bring to their daily life.
- Kundalini and Chakra Facilitator (August 05, 2017@6:06:PM)
- Meditation Facilitator (August 05, 2017@6:04:PM)
- Yoga International Spring Conference (July 25, 2016@3:09:PM)
- Chakra Dance - TO Yoga Conference (July 25, 2016@3:04:PM)
- Adjustments & Use of Props - TO Yoga Conference (July 25, 2016@3:02:PM)
- Online Global Flow Yoga Teacher seminar (July 25, 2016@2:59:PM)
- Restorative Yoga - TO Yoga Conference (July 25, 2016@2:57:PM)
- Trance Dance - TO Yoga Conference (July 25, 2016@2:51:PM)
- Demystifiying the Bhandas - TO Yoga Conference (July 25, 2016@2:49:PM)
- Tantra-Kundalini & Subtle Body: TO Yoga Conference (July 25, 2016@2:42:PM)
- Anatomy Workshop - Guelph University (July 25, 2016@2:40:PM)