Megan Kirk-Chang (CYA-E-RYT 200 Member)
- Location: Barrie, Ontario Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Service Offered: Trauma-Informed Yoga, Hatha, Vinyasa, Restorative, Yin, Ashtanga
- Certified: SHINE OM Inc.
- Years of Practice: 8
- Teaching Experience: 5
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Darcy McKitrick, Ann Green
- Date Joined: March 26, 2012
- CYA Insurance: No
Megan Kirk Chang is a PhD Candidate in Health Sciences at York University specializing in health psychology, behaviour change, mental performance, psychophysiology and cognitive neuroscience. As part of her doctoral research, Megan developed the first registered clinical trial in Canada investigating the effectiveness of an online yoga and mindfulness-based CBT intervention for adults diagnosed with PTSD. Megan has now launched this evidence-based program, Heal My Trauma, globally to help people repair the physical and mental disruption caused by any trauma or hardship. Megan has worked as a Mental Health Coach with the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, and University Health Network in Toronto. She is a certified trauma-informed yoga teacher and meditation facilitator on the Insight Time App, the #1 free meditation app for sleep, anxiety, and stress.
About My Service
I use a blend of trauma-informed yoga, mindfulness, and somatic sensory awareness to help you reconnect and repair your mind-body connection. I have a specialized 30-hour trauma-sensitive yoga certification and provide gentle Hatha and vinyasa yoga for individuals of all levels. Private and group sessions are available in-person in the Barrie and surrounding area, or online virtual instruction to eliminate geographic barriers.
- Teaching Trauma-Informed Yoga (2-hr) (September 02, 2020@11:06:AM)
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga Certification (30-hour) (September 02, 2020@11:03:AM)
- Moksha Yoga - Vinyasa Instructor (February 16, 2016@3:44:PM)
- Karma Yoga, London, Ontario (March 25, 2013@11:10:AM)
- Summer Solstice Community Yoga Mala (March 25, 2013@11:09:AM)
- Activity Professionals of Ontario - Conference (March 27, 2012@1:14:PM)