Laura Fitch (CYA-RYT 200 Member)
- Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Hatha, Vinyasa
- Certified: Matthew Cohen's Sacred Energy Arts (222hr), Rishikesh Yog Peeth (300hr)
- Years of Practice: 15
- Teaching Experience: 10
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Matthew Cohen (Sacred Energy Arts) Krishnaji (Rishikesh Yog Peeth) Mimi Kuo-Diemer (Yoga Yard) Robyn Wexler (Yoga Yard) Sue ZiYue (Yoga Yard) Sarah Power (Yoga Yard) Donna Farhi (Yoga Yard)
- Date Joined: May 14, 2023
- CYA Insurance: HUB International
I first began studying yoga when I lived in Tokyo, Japan. After moving to Beijing, I was fortunate to become a student at one of the city's first yoga studios, the Yoga Yard, in 2009. I took my initial teacher training with Matthew Cohen through the Yoga Yard, and assisted Sue ZiYue's classes there for a year before beginning to teach my own. The Yoga Yard was a very special place. Classes were bilingual and taught in English and Chinese, and the practices of the teachers there was infused with internal Chinese martial arts, such as taichi and qigong. There was a strong focus on pranayama and pranayama connected to movement, meditation and moving meditation. After moving back to Canada, I began teaching yoga at a community studio that focuses on the power of yoga to aid in building mental and physical health and well-being.
About My Service
I teach hatha and hatha-vinyasa classes with a focus on pranayama and modifications for ease of movement and building strength. Students learn how to build poses from the ground up with a focus on alignment and the purpose of each asana, and how to adjust to accommodate energy level and injury.