Sarah Elizabeth Smith (CYA-E-RYT 500 Member)
- Location: Sackville, New Brunswick Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Service Offered: Ashtanga, Hatha, TCTSY, Prenatal
- Certified: Yasodhara Ashram, Ashtanga Yoga Victoria, Ashtanga Yoga Halifax, Centre for Trauma & Embodiment (JRI), Mamata Yoga
- Years of Practice: 15
- Teaching Experience: 10
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Swami Sivananda Radha (lineage of teachers) Harmony Slator Jeff Litchy Manju Jois Nancy Gilgoff Jody Manley Karen Shwatrz & team (Centre for Trauma & Embodiment at the Justice Resource Institute) Claire Newman (Mamata Yoga)
- Date Joined: April 04, 2023
- CYA Insurance: No
I'm a 36 year-old single mom to one wonderful three-year old son, living on the far east coast of Canada in NB. My background is in yoga therapy and organic farming.
I've been a student of Ashtanga yoga since 2010, training with my teacher Jody Manley, since 2016. I am currently completing my Masters degree in Counseling Psychology and have recently completed a certification in trauma-sensitive yoga. I'm especially interested in the intersection between psychology, somatic therapeutic modalities and yoga as they relate to the embodied processing of trauma.
About My Service
I teach a variety of applications of yoga as therapy: Trauma sensitive and hatha practices for basic alignment, increased sensory awareness, introductory pranayama and introductory emotional and nervous system regulation; Traditional Ashtanga following the lineage of Manju Jois, as taught to Nancy Gilgoff and Jody Manley, for students who want to learn and practice the energetics of yoga asana and pranayama; And, specialty classes in yoga for prenatal health and labor and birth preparation.
I teach group classes and one-on-one yoga therapy at a family wellness clinic in Sackville, NB and currently facilitate a trauma-sensitive yoga program with our local university.
- Ashtanga Yoga Therapy Mentorship (2022-23) (April 12, 2023@10:02:PM)
- Trauma-Centre Trauma Sensitive Yoga (2021) (April 12, 2023@9:59:PM)
- Ashtanga Yoga Therapy (2016) (April 12, 2023@9:57:PM)
- Ashtanga Yoga Therapy (2014) (April 12, 2023@9:56:PM)
- Yoga Therapy Training (2012) (April 12, 2023@9:52:PM)
- Yoga Development Course (2011) (April 12, 2023@9:48:PM)