Amanda Edward (CYA-RYT 200 Member)
- Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Ashtanga Inspired
- Certified: The Yoga Studio College of Canada
- Years of Practice: >15
- Teaching Experience: 2
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Val Petrich was the primary teacher when I did my YTT and I looked up to her and respected her immensely. Trish Robbins also was a head teacher and had a wonderful and lasting impact. Currently I follow a few teachers in my city (Kate Mak, Paul Larmer and Gord Desautels) and try to take their classes whenever possible
- Date Joined: February 24, 2023
- CYA Insurance: No
When I first stumbled on YTT I was a very new mom (had my infant with me at the interview, still breastfeeding), had recently lost my brother suddenly in a car accident, and knew I wanted to get divorced with no clue how to make it happen. I didn't really have the money but registered in YTT in an 18 month course. Every time life got too overwhelming I would tell myself "don't worry about it now, worry about it after yoga training is done if it's still an issue" and I seriously think during that time, yoga saved my life.
About My Service
I'm not currently teaching. I did for a little over a year after finishing my YTT at The Yoga Studio (Oakridge) in Calgary. I enjoyed teaching but felt intimidated and ultimately the yoga studio changed ownership and I ended up not continuing teaching. My son was only 3 at the time and as a single parent I found it hard to juggle but lately I have thought I would like to continue my YTT and pursue a 300hr training being offered at a favourite studio in town, and if I do I would also like to have my certifications registered with Yoga Alliance.