Atlas Studio (CYA-RYS Gold Member)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 519.240.9642
- Address: 101-135 George Street North
- Location: Cambridge, Ontario Canada
- Website: www.atlasstudio.com
- Service Offered: Yoga classes, workshops, trainings influenced by Kripalu, Ashtanga, Iyengar, Desikachar and somatics ...
- Type of Certification Granted: 200, 500, 1000
- Years in Operation: 22
- Date Joined: January 15, 2018
Atlas Yoga Teacher Training & School of Contemplative EducationContemplative Education is a philosophy of higher education that infuses learning with the experience of awareness, insight and compassion for oneself and others through the erudite academic practices of meditation and contemplative disciplines, such as yoga and the fine arts.
Since 1997, Denise has been offering comprehensive training and development programs for aspiring and existing teachers. Our integrated and holistic training programs offer a contemplative learning environment where you have the opportunity to continue training and discover the in-depth knowledge and experience needed to stand apart from the growing body of yoga instructors internationally.
The first 200 hours of the Atlas Yoga Teacher Training program are dedicated toward Basic Certification, which provides the foundation for teaching yoga. In-class sessions are held at our downtown Galt studio in the vibrant city of Cambridge, Ontario, which provides an intimate setting in which to learn, practice and explore the art of yoga instruction. Upon completion, you will receive a 200 hour Teaching Certificate.
After you have completed the Basic Certification with Atlas Studio, you will be eligible for the Master Yoga Teacher Training program. This program requires an additional 300-hours of in-depth training and upon completion qualifies you for a 500-hour Teaching Certificate. Denise is proud to offer comprehensive Teacher Training that encourages depth of knowledge, practice and application. Many who have graduated with instructor’s certificates from our programs have gone on to teach and manage at well-respected studios across Canada and around the World.
Yoga Therapy Training, 1000hr Certification level includes your 200/300 training, advanced specializations and core programming that leads to the designation of Yoga Therapist.
2. Techniques Training/Practice—Includes asanas, pranayamas, mudras, bandhas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation, and other traditional yoga techniques. These hours must are mix between analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques, and guided practice of the techniques themselves. Format: Introduction of technique; practice of technique as a group; team/group teaching each other; and presentation to class.
100 hrs, An additional 36 hours of class time – taking yoga classes is required. Students must also teach a minimum of 20 classes to graduate.
7. Teaching Methodology—Includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting/correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student's process of learning, and business aspects of teaching yoga.
1, 4 & 5. Anatomy & Physiology—Includes both human physical anatomy and physiology applied kinesiology and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, vayus, etc.). Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc).
30hrs, An additional 30 hours is required in reading, workbook and home work assignments
6. Yoga Philosophy/Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers—Includes the study of yoga philosophies, yoga lifestyle, and ethics for yoga teachers. The study of Energy Systems & the Energy Bodies. An ethics form is part of the application package and must be signed before the program begins.
30hrs, min 3 hour class on the application of ethics in the yoga classroom environment & beyond.
7. Practicum—Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing/giving feedback. Also includes assisting students while someone else is teaching. The peer review process is important in the early stages and self analysis is encouraged in independent teaching.
25hrs, Students teach independently and in groups. 5 hours are independent & observed.
1. Special populations – children, pre/postnatal, aging populations are covered by the instructor. Students must research and do a poster presentation on 3 special populations of his/her choice. Each presentation must include academically supportable research on the population and the effects of yoga on that population. A paper is presented with the research, a yoga class plan for this population is included in that handout and a yoga demonstration is taught to his/her peers.
10hrs, 10 are with instructor – 5 independent
40 day asana practice with Journal Entries
40 day meditation practice with Journal Entries
40 day Mantra practice with Journal Entries
40 day/40 hour Karma Yoga Practice
160 hours of documented practice outside of class time.
Note: First Aid/CPR must be up to date to receive certificate of completion.