Aum Yoga (CYA-RYS 200 Member)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 905 303 3631
- Address: 13 - 167 Applewood Cresc.
- Location: Concorde, Ontario Canada
- Website: www.aumyoga.ca
- Service Offered: 200 Hr. YTT
- Type of Certification Granted: 200 YTTDIPLOMA / CERTIFICATE
- Years in Operation: 3
- Date Joined: August 13, 2012
I am a E-RYT500 registered with Yoga Alliance US from 2008. I teach a 200 hr YTT program, RYT 200 and a shorter program for fitness instructors registered with Can Fit Pro, 40 hrs. The style is a combination of Hatha, Ashtanga, Iyengar, Kundalini, Kriya Yoga, meditation.
1.Physical body, bones, muscles, how they work; study of organs, systems; energetic body, chakras, nadis, nutrition, life style.
2. Asanas - deep study; alignment, breath, benefits, contraindications. Vinyasa, versus holding the pose, according to the personality, health conditions. Observing and adjustment, teaching a class, designing a segment for special needs (i.e.: shoulder blade discomfort)
3. Pranayama, defined, benefits, contraindications. Practice full yogi breath, Kapalbhathi, Anulom Vilom, Bhastrika
4.-5. Aura, Chakras, Nadis,(Kundalini, Ida, Pingala), Reiki. Study the chakras,hands on technique, colour, position, influences of the physical body. Chakra meditation.
6. Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Bhagavad Gita, The Upanishads, Raja Yoga, Kriya Yoga. Study 8 limbs of yoga, different aspects of yoga, (Karma Yoga, Kriya Yoga, Gnani Yoga, Bhakti Yoga. Yoga schools and styles.
7. Cueing, alignment, red flags, diversion, variations for every student, respect, acceptance, being an example.
8. Yoga and sound, chanting, moving with the music.
6.Yoga for special needs
Maila Ambrosia (Class of 2016)
Christina DeFrancesco (Class of 2016)
Jenna Ebidia (Class of 2016)
Amanda Fortner (Class of 2015)
Beatrice Sohler (Class of 2016)