Jen Khouri (CYA-CYT Member)
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Children, teenagers, young adults
- Certified: YogaWorks, Teen Yoga, Radiant Child, Little Feet Yoga, SOMA Youth Mindfulness, Mindful Schools Educator
- Years of Practice: 25+
- Teaching Experience: 12
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: N/A
- Date Joined: August 19, 2021
- CYA Insurance: HUB International
My three passions are: yoga, teaching, young people.
I facilitate young people's journeys of exploration.
I am a passionate, experienced and qualified teacher with more than 20 years in the classroom (various grades, subjects and school settings).
I have been teaching yoga since 2008. In the last six years (since 2015), I have been focusing exclusively on children and teenagers.
About My Service
I am a completely bilingual (French/English) teacher who specializes in yoga and mindfulness for children, teenagers and young adults in the Ottawa/Gatineau area.
I believe that yoga is much more than a physical practice. All my classes include moments of introspection, dialogue and mindfulness in a safe, nurturing and accepting space.
Yoga offers youth life tools to deal with life, which include: emotional intelligence, increase self-awareness and compassion, a deeper connection to oneself and others, resilience and courage, positivity and confidence.
I offer programs in schools and in the community.