Joan Henriques (CYA-RYT 200 Member)
- Location: Galiano Island, British Columbia Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Hatha
- Certified: British Wheel of Yoga
- Years of Practice: 39
- Teaching Experience: 28
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: * Vanda Scaravelli (yoga teach until the age of 91; author of Awakening the Spine) * Monica Voss (Esther Myers Yoga Studio, Toronto) * Peter Blackaby (English yoga teacher; author of Intelligent Yoga) * John Stirk (English yoga teacher; author of The Original Body) * Rosamund Richardson (English Iyengar teacher) * Annie Okuda (Iyengar teacher, Galiano Island BC)
- Date Joined: November 27, 2018
- CYA Insurance: Hub International
For as long as I can remember, Yoga has been an important part of my life and I practice daily, inspired greatly by my many teachers including Vanda Scaravelli and her suggestion that yoga is 'an appointment with the body' and is about 'awakening the spine'. However, I feel it is also much more and offers wonderful opportunities for learning to relax at will, develop flexibility and balance (mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually), strength and motor co-ordination. I've taught mixed abilities for years, including those who are wheelchair bound with severe disabilities such as advanced stages of MS and Parkinsons. I continue to learn here on Galiano with Annie Okuda.
About My Service
A weekly Hatha yoga class on Galiano Island for a mixed group including 'chair yoga' for those who are uncomfortable or unconfident about lying down.