Recent CYA News
- OVERNIGHT YOGA RETREAT REGULATIONS ONTARIO
- Free Toronto Yoga Show Passes
- Arthritis Research Foundation Fundraiser
- March 1-7 2016 International Music Festival
- Donate. Sponsor. Volunteer.
- Congratulation to the Prime Minister of Canada!
- 17 Global Goals as set by the UN
- Stretching the Limits at International Yoga Day
- ParQ Question
- CYA Members Free Entry /April '15 Yoga Conference
Recent Member Events
- Create a Vision Board Workshop
- Winter Restorative Yoga: Reflect, Restore & Realig
- The Dharana Method Meditation Level #1 100HR
- 100hr Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Program
- 50hour Yin Yoga 2.0 Teacher Training with Jamie Le
- Good Night Yin: Training & Workshop
- Yin Yoga 50 Hour Teacher Training Continuing Ed
- 250-Hour Yoga TeacherTraining with Suspension Yoga
- Northern Intentions: New Year's Eve Retreat
- Yin and Creativity
100hr Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Program
with Jamie Lee CYA-E-RYT 500, & Assisted by Marie Boisvert with workshops by Peter Lavoie, Terri McCollum, Marie-Pier Turgeon,
starts April 17th, 2020 at Ashtanga Yoga Montreal.
This Vinyasa Vijnana Teacher Training Program in Montreal is designed for all passionate students wanting to explore and expand their personal yoga practice, learn about the science of Yoga and its healing powers, plus establish practical tools for personally sharing and teaching yoga professionally.
Vinyasa is a Sanskrit word that defines moving consciously through space, usually translated as moving with breath from asana to asana. Vijnana can be understood as consciousness, your life force, plus your mind, its discernment of nature. Our teaching program attempts to bridge these concepts together; by learning to consciously practice with grace, intent, and awareness as we transition through the evolution of Vinyasa starting with traditional sequencing through to more modern perspectives.
If you are motivated by a strong desire to approach your practice in a more meaningful way, and consequently your reality, our teacher training program is guaranteed to unlock your potential and bring forth your innate strengths and talents into your practice and beyond.
- All modern vinyasa yoga is heavily influenced by the likes of Tirumalai Krishnamacharya and Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. The program will take an honest look at their contributions to vinyasa yoga, plus exploring and incorporating B.K.S. Iyengar's and Dharma Mitra's influence on today's modern practice. Along with breath, vinyasa, bandha, and drishti will be the focal points of the asana component.
- We will cover anatomy and human physiology with its relationship to asana and its specific effects on the nervous and organic systems.
- We will explore the logic and art of asana sequencing, how to create safe and effective routines, plus instruction on how to wisely and safely adjust, modify and adapt specific asanas for all levels of students. Learn how to create a variety of vinyasa routines that work with the organs and nervous system. Plus hatha and yin therapeutic asana systems that compliment the vinyasa practice. You'll be providing with 6 asana routines to follow by the end of the course.
- Teaching skills will emphasize proper verbal communication of how to instruct in a powerful yet supportive and concise manner.
- Additional topics include: yoga history, philosophy, Patanjali's yoga sutras, ethics of teaching, the teacher student relationship, modern styles and trends, classroom management, demonstration skills, healing skills and reiki. Will include keeping a journal, homework, final examination, peer teaching and review.
- Guest teachers will provide an interesting mix of experience, flavour, imagination and perspective.
- Materials provided: paper manual (which includes a photo & description of every asana covered in the TT), any other additional materials provided by the guest teachers (workshops).
Course Breakdown (hours):
- 80 hrs asana
- 6 hrs meditation/nidra
- 6 hrs pranayama
- 8 hrs theory, history, sutras, anatomy, physiology
- Friday: 6:00-9:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:00-12:00pm & 1:00-5:00pm
- Sunday: 11:00-2:00pm & 3:00-5:00pm
Weekend #1: April 17-19th
Weekend #2: May 15-17th
Weekend #3: June 12-14rd
Weekend #4: July 17-19th
Weekend #5: August 7-9th
Weekend #6: October 2-4th
$999 early bird price available till March 17th
$1,499 regular price
E-transfers to: firstname.lastname@example.org