Recent CYA News
- OVERNIGHT YOGA RETREAT REGULATIONS ONTARIO
- Free Toronto Yoga Show Passes
- Arthritis Research Foundation Fundraiser
- March 1-7 2016 International Music Festival
- Donate. Sponsor. Volunteer.
- Congratulation to the Prime Minister of Canada!
- 17 Global Goals as set by the UN
- Stretching the Limits at International Yoga Day
- ParQ Question
- CYA Members Free Entry /April '15 Yoga Conference
Recent Member Events
- Self Care Yoga Series
- Yin Yoga 50 Hour Teacher Training Continuing Ed
- Renew~Reaffirm and Nourish ReTREAT
- Mudra's. Mala's and Meditation
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Mudra's, Mala's and Meditation
- Mind Body & Spirit
- Cultivated Thoughts: A Course in Mindfulness
- Mindfulness Teacher Training
- Meditation & Mindfulness for Children
200hr Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
with Jamie Lee CYA-E-RYT 500, Selena Isles CYA-E-RYT 500, Veronique Landry, Peter Lavoie, Sacha Mathew & Terri McCollum
starts April 26th, 2019 at United Yoga Montreal
This Canadian Yoga Alliance accredited course in Montreal is designed for all passionate students wanting to explore and expand a personal yoga practice, learn about the healing power of the science itself and establish practical tools for personally sharing and teaching yoga professionally.
With the practice of yoga, you can always finds ways to enhance and improve your connection to self. If you are motivated by a strong desire to change, our teacher training program is guaranteed to unlock your potential and bring forth your innate strengths and talents.
This course will explore the ancient science of yoga asana through the understanding of alignment based principles within ashtanga vinyasa yoga. As we study asana, meditation and the other limbs of Ashtanga yoga, we will provide to you the inspiration and tools necessary to move your personal practice into a new domain of awareness.
In addition to our teacher training, Jamie’s unique Yoga Mentorship program that has been crafted over the past 8 years, offers an additional opportunity to make that commitment to the self become a solid foundation within your practice.
• A detailed examination and analysis of yoga asana, using three (3) main influences: architecture and alignment from the BKS Iyengar method infused into the movement based vinyasa method of T Krishnamacharya & Sri K Pattabhi Jois. Along with breath, vinyasa, bandha, and drishti will be the focal points of the asana component.
• We will cover anatomy and human physiology with its relation to asana and its specific effects on the nervous and organic systems.
• We will explore the logic and art of asana sequencing, how to create safe and effective routines, plus instruction on how to wisely and safely adjust, modify and adapt specific asanas for all levels of students.
• Learn how to create and maintain a personal asana and meditation practice. Plus hatha, restorative and therapeutic asana systems that compliment the vinyasa practice.
• Teaching skills will emphasize proper verbal communication of how to instruct in a powerful yet supportive and concise manner.
• Additional topics include: nutrition, yoga history, philosophy, Patanjali’s yoga sutras, ethics of teaching, the teacher student relationship, modern styles and trends, classroom management, demonstration skills, healing skills and reiki. Will include keeping a journal, homework, final examination, peer teaching and review.
• Guest teachers will provide an interesting mix of experience, flavour, imagination and perspective.
• Materials provided: a copy of the Yoga Sutras (book form), a paper manual (which includes a photo & description of every asana covered in the TT), any other additional materials provided by the guest teachers (workshops), a USB stick (containing a collection of mp3's for home practice of ashtanga, meditation, pranayama & yoga nidra, plus a collection of PDF's of supplementary readings).
Course Breakdown (hours):
• 120 hrs asana
• 30 hrs meditation
• 10 hrs pranayama
• 20 hrs theory, history, Yoga Sutras
• 20 hrs anatomy, physiology, chakras
• 10 hrs yoga nidra
Weekend #1: April 26-28th
Weekend #2: May 24-26th
Weekend #3: June 21-23rd
Week Intensive: July 28 - August 2nd
Weekend #4: September 13-15th
Weekend #5: October 4-6th
Weekend #6: November 22-24th
Weekend #7: January 24-26th
Weekend #8: February 21-23rd
Weekend #9: March 20-22nd
- $2,999.00 early bird price till March 25th
- $3300 regular price (as of March 26th)
Upon completion of the 200hour course, providing the student has fulfilled all the requirements, he or she will receive a 200 hour certificate of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga training which is recognized by the Canadian Yoga Alliance.
United Yoga Montreal
460 saint catherine street west, suite 208,
Montreal, Quebec H3B 1A7
All registration details can be found here:
cell: 514 884 7275