Steve Boechler (CYA-RYT 350 Member)
- Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Iyengar, Trauma Informed
- Certified: Iyengar Yoga Association Canada
- Years of Practice: 27
- Teaching Experience: 17
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: BKS Iyengar Geeta Iyengar Prashant Iyengar Devki Desai Shirley Daventry French Louie Ettling Leslie Hoyga Ann Kilbertus Jo-ann Sutherland
- Date Joined: June 28, 2022
- CYA Insurance: No
I have been practicing yoga for 27 years. My favorite teaching has been with adolescents boys in open and closed custody young offender facilities. I have an integrated approach seeing Yama and Niyama as the foundation to life and yoga practice. I believe that the physical practice of yoga; Asana and Pranayama; includes that Yamas, Niyamas, Pratyahara, Dharana, and Dhyana. That we learn an grow within each of these limbs by connecting and integrating each into our practice. I believe that yoga is about acceptance, compassion, and is without judgment.
I am a fairly big man and have a stiff body. I believe that Yoga is accessible to all and that the only requirement is our presence and a willingness to learn.
I am a wood carver and sculptor.
I have a PhD in Psychology, I worked 31 years as a registered doctoral psychologist.
About My Service
Iyengar based classes, trauma informed approach to teaching, the integration of the first seven limbs of yoga into practice.