Ashley Koons (CYA-RYT 250 Member)
- Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
- Website: www.ashleykoonsyoga.com/
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Vinyasa Flow and Restorative Yoga
- Certified: Luna Yoga
- Years of Practice: 18
- Teaching Experience: 2
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Teacher: Frances Vicente (https://www.lunayoga.ca/schedule-staff/frances-vicente) Teacher: Judith Hanson Lasater (https://www.judithhansonlasater.com/) Teacher: Jennifer Maagendans (https://www.lunayoga.ca/schedule-staff/jennifer-maagendans) Teacher: Angela Boismenu (https://www.angelaboismenu.com/about) Teacher: Rebekka Walker (https://www.rebekkawalker.com)
- Date Joined: April 27, 2021
- CYA Insurance: HUB International
Ashley Koons (she/her) is a Certified Yoga Teacher, dog mom, queer feminist, travel enthusiast, and wizard book lover. She first came to yoga in her early 20s while searching for a way to deal with stress. Ashley believes enthusiastically in the power of yoga to transform one’s life and how one views the world.
After a 13-year film career that spanned 5 cities, 3 countries, 14 films and 1 TV show, Ashley decided to follow her heart and leave the corporate life behind. She is beyond excited to be dedicating herself to teaching yoga and helping others connect with this ancient practice from India. Ashley enjoys exploring new places, reading books involving magic, drinking caffeine (a cortado with oat milk to be exact), playing board games with her partner and walking in nature with her two fluffy dogs.
Ashley believes this practice is for all people in all bodies, and strives to offer an inclusive and welcoming environment. Her goal is to offer body positive classes that are free from diet-culture language and shaming techniques. Instead, let’s meet our bodies where they are today with curiosity, kindness and respect.
About My Service
I offer both Restorative Yoga and Gentle Yoga Flow classes. These sessions can be individualized to fit a particular person or group’s needs.