Sherry Matwe (CYA-E-RYT 200 Member)
- Location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Viniyoga (Yoga in the style of Krishnamacharya)
- Certified: Maureen Rae Yoga Studio Inc.
- Years of Practice: 15
- Teaching Experience: 10
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Maureen Rae RN, E-RYT(Viniyoga/Erich Schiffmann) 2010 to present Jill Miller (*Yoga Tune Up/Glenn Black) 2010/2011 Sadie Nardini E-RYT (Vinyasa * Core Strength Vinyasa) 2010/2011 Father Joe Pereira (Iyengar) ****As a senior Iyengar instructor he has worked closely with Mr. Iyengar for many years. Father Joe also spent many years working with Mother Teresa. He is the founder of the Kripa Foundation: an organization that uses yoga asana and meditation in combination with the twelve-step program to provide support for people with addictions, people who are HIV positive. Hosted by Yoga Center Winnipeg 4 Day intensives with Father Joe I've been lucky to do these training from 2016 - Present Kathleen Podiluk E-RYT, RpYt, RYS - Namaskar yoga Saskatoon. Yoga 8 hour Restoritive Yoga Workshop 2018
- Date Joined: August 01, 2020
- CYA Insurance: No
I live in Moose Jaw SK a small city in the middle of Saskatchewan just off Hwy 1. It's a city that's big into Tourism and is quaint.
Today I work Full time at an Auto Dealership and Teach Yoga P/T.
Since I've been certified Yoga has been there for me! In many capacities - as a Full Time Living too. These days I teach to be a part of a community I can give back to. I am passionate about learning and sharing yoga.
I have a great Husband and my Step Daughter is now 25 making her own way in Vancouver BC.
These days I am enjoying myself with Bike-riding, Walking, of coarse practicing yoga and sharing it.
About My Service
Living in a smaller community in Saskatchewan I have traveled and attended training, intensives, festivals all over western Canada. I reflect this experience, study and passion into each class, workshop, or event.
In the last 5 years 2015 - I've been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis so my practice has slowed down so I can heal, restore, and strengthen. I combine Viniyoga with Iyangar and a huge emphasis on Breath. I always stay open to the members of the classes to keep sessions moving along in a purposeful and approachable practice Very Much Ahimsa!!