Gaelle Sage (CYA-MT Member)
- Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
- Website: www.dgsage.com
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Service Offered: Meditation
- Certified: InspiredMe Meditation & Wellness CYA-RMS
- Years of Practice: 10
- Teaching Experience: 0.5
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: I humbly started my meditation journey through the use of apps like "Little Bamboo" or YouTube channels such as "The Great Meditation" As I started to dive deeper into meditation, I joined a modern meditation studio in Toronto: Hoame. It allowed me to discover various styles of meditations, which could go from 30 minutes to 2 hours (something I wasn't able to sustain by myself at home). Eventually, I wanted to learn even more, I decided to become a teacher myself. Caroline Stewart from "InspiredMe school" was my meditation teacher training instructor and I deeply appreciate her precious teaching. I am also certified in Applied Specialization in Mindfulness and Meditation for workplaces and technology at the University of Toronto. I had the opportunity to learn with several amazing teachers like Rachna Sethi, Ranjini George Philip, Sara Robertson, Dylan Zambrano, Michael Apollo Chabior and Jay Vidyarthi. I get a lot of inspiration from Thich Nhat Hanh's philosophy and from Eckart Tolle's writings, especially his books “A New Earth” and “The Power of Now”. I also am a Reiki Master, still I am not conventionally practicing, but it’s a valuable guidance and tool I use daily. Meditation is one of the 8 pillars of yoga, and it is something that I practice daily using online resources (mainly with Mary Ochsner's app) and Bernie Clarke philosophy studying Intensely Yin Yoga. However I am now practicing on my own
- Date Joined: June 22, 2020
- CYA Insurance: No
After a severe burnout years ago, I decided to start mediation. I believe it to be the first step in my recovery. It is through meditation that I understood the concept of mindfulness, which is such a complete and powerful tool. Meditation is one of the 8 limbs of yoga, and now I understand why. It is not possible to practice yoga without being mindful, and entering a state of "active" meditation.
I want to share the knowledge I acquired, and am still acquiring daily, so that others don't have to experience extreme burnout situations before starting their own mindfulness journey.
I also believe that it is powerful to share this awareness in the business world. People always think about meditation and mindfulness when they are at home, on vacation or on the weekends. But, most of our wake hours are spent working and most of the stress we experience comes from our job.
I believe that if there was only one place where we should bring mindfulness, it would be in our professional life. Unfortunately, I feel like that's the last place people are practicing it, and we need to change this!
About My Service
I intend on brining mindfulness to the professional life and to the corporate world.
Improving the quality of individuals' professional life to prevent burnout is what I'm aiming for.
But, I also want to work towards bettering productivity. By raising awareness in regards to the need for mindfulness in the professional world has been proven, by leading institutions, to increase the productivity and the wellbeing of employees.
I work with individuals so that they don't have to wait for their companies to make the choice of mindfulness.
However, I am also working to open some workshops for corporations, reaching the businesses directly.