Bronwen Kettleson (CYA-E-RYT 500 Member)
- Location: Burnaby, British Columbia Canada
- Website: www.bronwenkettleson.com
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Ashtanga, Contemporary Postural Yoga
- Certified: SOYA, Manju Jois; Dr. Frawley
- Years of Practice: 15
- Teaching Experience: 12
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Most Influential Yoga Marion Mugs McConnell, Carla Wainwright, Andrea Martinez, Lino Miele, Alexander Medin, Basia Lipska Larsen, Manju Jjois, Vijyaya Kumar, A.G. Mohan, Dr. David Frawley Movement Ido Portal, Catie Brier, Dr. Jen Crane, Noam Gagnon, Yuri Marmerstein, Sadie Nardini Methods Dance (35 years and far too many teachers to mention), Acrobatic Arts, Gymnastic Bodies, PhysioFlex, Contortion Strong, Franklin Method, Pilates (STOTT)
- Date Joined: October 16, 2019
- CYA Insurance: HUB International
Bronwen is 500 ERYT yoga teacher, performing artist and choreographer from British Columbia, Canada. Her studies in yoga began in her mid-20's with SOYA's 500 hr training in 2005 under Carla Wainwright, and developed through further by trainings in South America and Europe while living in Buenos Aires and Oslo. While in Oslo she attended several trainings with Manju Jois in Rethymno, Crete, at Ashtanga Yoga Bologna in Italy and a Nancy Gilgoff's school in Maui.She began to teach yoga privately in Buenos Aires and then went on to teach in studios, gyms and corporations while living in Oslo. From Oslo, she relocated temporarily to Whitehorse, YT, Canada, where she was involved both in the yoga and dance community through work as a contemporary dancer, choreographer and teacher at local studios.
In 2012, she opened Studio 253 in Kamloops, B.C, a studio dedicated to yoga, conditioning and dance. She was faculty dance teacher for pre-competitive and competitive programs at Nuance Dance studio in Kamloops and Reflections Dance Studio in Kelowna. Upon her return to the Okanagan, she has been exploring other movement methods applicable to yoga. Trainings have included the Franklin Method, Ido Portal, Gymnastic Bodies, Acrobatic Arts and, private contortion study with Catie Brier, San Francisco.
She offers workshops and courses throughout BC and worldwide. Throughout 2017-2018, she was fortunate to teach in Oslo, Dublin, San Flaviano and Rome, Italy and Tulum, Mexico. Currently, she lives in Vancouver, where she teaches flexibility and dance classes at Tantra and Luminesque Dance. She also runs private session out of The Dance Centre, where she is an artist member.
About My Service
Ashtanga Yoga and Contemporary Forms of Postural Yoga (Vinyasa, Flow, Flexibility Flow (Splitsability and Bendy Back), AcroYoga