Cheryl Wilson (CYA-RYT 300 Member)
- Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Service Offered: Trauma Sensitive Hatha
- Certified: Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TC-TSY) , The Centre for Trauma and Embodiment, Justice Resource Institute, Boston MA
- Years of Practice: 7
- Teaching Experience: 7
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: David Emerson, Director, Centre for Trauma and Embodiment, Justice Resource Institute, Boston, MA
- Date Joined: July 04, 2019
- CYA Insurance: No
Cheryl is currently working at Edgewood Treatment Centre, a residential in-patient addiction treatment centre for over 8 years as a Fitness Supervisor. In her position, she has had the opportunity to lead yoga classes for in-patients who have mental health and/or addiction illness and many of whom suffer from complex trauma and/or PTSD. She offers TC-TSY in adjunct to psychotherapy. This style of yoga is designed for participants who are living with the impacts of trauma by offering participants an opportunity to feel empowerment over their bodies by moving their bodies through various forms with present moment experiences as well as breathing awareness which can help with symptoms of trauma.
About My Service
The TC-TSY methodology is based on central components of Hatha style. The elements of this style of yoga are modified to build trauma survivors' experiences of empowerment and cultivate a more positive relationship with one's body.