Tara Neifer (CYA-RYT 550 Member)
- Location: Brooks, Alberta Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Critical Alignment, Forrest, Iyengar
- Certified: Yoga Studio College
- Years of Practice: 20
- Teaching Experience: 18
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: David Mcammond 1999- 2003 Valery Petrich 1999- 2003 Margot Kitchen 2003-2013 Susi Hatley 2013-2015 Ana Forrest 2015-2018 Danielle Pechie 2018, currently doing a 500hr with her. Have done workshops weeklong and weekend with many teachers from the Iyengar tradition and meditation.
- Date Joined: January 28, 2019
- CYA Insurance: Hub International
I am a lifelong student of yoga and have yet to satiate my need for information. As you can see I have moved traditions and teachers often. I live in a town with no yoga resources so I have always had to travel. This means long periods with self training and I have appreciated this immensly, it has given me the opportunity to develop slowly and find the path and the teachers that are offering what I need and want to teach my students. There is a trouble with appreciating all the different ways that yoga can be practiced though, wanting to do it all! I know that I will only really develop if I start to dig deeper holes. I am excited to be studying with Danielle Pechie, a 30 year student, as she is therapeutic enough to have a sustainable challenging practice. So far her training has been inclusive of some amazing Calgary teachers in many disciplines as well as in philosophy, biomechanics and CAT.
I see myself possible continuing onto yoga therapy, but regardless I will be practicing and sharing Yoga for my entire life.
About My Service
I am currently teaching classes that work with Critical Alignment and yoga therapy information but are challenging physically and have a strong dose of meditative and introspective focus.
I teach at schools and with young athletes often and have done 3 semesters of yoga at St Josephs Collegiate High School as a full option class of 3 hours per week.
I teach aerial yoga as well.