Janet Haigh (CYA-RYT 500 Member)
- Location: Comox, British Columbia Canada
- Website: www.blueskyyoga.ca
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Service Offered: Yoga Therapy, Yoga Instruction, Chair Yoga, Hatha Flow mat classes
- Certified: Prana Yoga College, Vancouver School of Healing Arts; Vancouver School of Healing Arts (Yoga Therapy graduate)
- Years of Practice: 20
- Teaching Experience: 30 years
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Shakti Mhi at Prana Yoga College (2008); Chelsea Lee at Vancouver School of Healing Arts (2019-20); Nicole Marcia at VSOHA (Trauma-Informed Yoga Therapy) (2019-20)
- Date Joined: January 15, 2019
- CYA Insurance: No
I am a fully certified IAYT Yoga Therapist, an experienced Yoga Instructor, and a previous High School English Literature and Language teacher who has worked in 8 different countries at international schools, spanning 28 years. I taught yoga throughout my international teaching career, and am now a graduate Yoga Therapist working in this capacity in Comox, BC on Vancouver Island.
About My Service
I offer one-to-one trauma-sensitive Yoga Therapy consultations, either face to face or virtually, in addition to therapeutic classes. I have most recently taught Chair Yoga and Chair Fitness to elderly students. As part of my Yoga Therapy training, I conducted an in-depth research case study on the benefits of offering Trauma-Sensitive Yoga Therapy to Canadian Female Military PTSD Survivors. My ambition is to offer trauma-informed Yoga Therapy to folks who feel better served in a private, personalised setting, to access the physical, mental, energetic, emotional and spiritual benefits of Yoga.