James Lovette-Black PhD (CYA-RYT 300 Member)
- Location: San Francisco, California United States
- Website: brightwellness.net
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Service Offered: Integral Hatha and Restorative Yoga
- Certified: Aura Wellness Center, Integral Hatha Yoga
- Years of Practice: 15
- Teaching Experience: 1.5 years
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Paul Jerard PhD, E-RYT 500
- Date Joined: June 22, 2017
- CYA Insurance: No
I have been a Registered Nurse for 39 years, a psychotherapist for 25 years, and have a PhD in Health and Human Services. I studied yoga in Chicago around 1980-81 at a place called East-West Books. I embraced the Eightfold Path of Yoga at that time and restarted a personal asana practice about 15 years ago, practicing daily since 2014. I have lived with chronic pain since 1997. Integral hatha and restorative yoga has made a significant difference in my quality of life.
About My Service
I teach beginner to intermediate hatha yoga, as well as restorative yoga. My desire is to provide integral yoga to those often overlooked or otherwise left out of commercial yoga studio classes: those with chronic pain, the differently abled/disabled, to seniors, those with body image needs, and to men who wouldn't otherwise consider yoga. My vision is to make yoga truly accessible to a broader range of people, to promote the ethical worldview of yoga, to provide empathic, empowered learning, and to support optimal wellness. Namaste.