Mary Vickars (CYA-E-RYT 550 Member)
- Location: Burnaby, British Columbia Canada
- Website: www.yogawithmary.ca
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Service Offered: Ananda Yoga
- Certified: Ananda Yoga
- Years of Practice: 15
- Teaching Experience: 13
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Gyandev McCord, Director Ananda Yoga Teacher Training Savitiri Simpson, Director, Ananda Meditation Teacher Training and Diksha McCord Guru: Paramahansa Yogananda, Disciple: Swami Kriyananda Program Leaders for Ananda Yoga Therapy Program: Barbara Bingham, Maitri Jones, Mangala Loper-Powers
- Date Joined: August 16, 2016
- CYA Insurance: No
As a 60 year old I am embracing life. I love to travel, kayak and hike. I have been a volunteer with BC Guide Dogs for ten years as a puppy raiser / trainer. I attend puppy training classes as I learn how to prepare the puppies for guide dog or autism support programs. Whether I am in the process of training or boarding one of the puppies there is always a dog around! I am also involved in some of their fund raising committees. I have been a Rotarian and have supported the Burnaby Metrotown club by being part of the families hosting grade 12 students from abroad. I am involved with my aging parents who luckily live close by in keeping them active & visited in the community. I have started the Ananda Yoga Therapy program which is an accredited school by the IYTA and loving it. I am able to integrate what I learn in my teaching. It is through my experience with their Assissi Ananda Centre that I was able to bring myself to a healing place after developing a tremor in my mid 40's. I feel honoured to be part of this tradition.
About My Service
Teaching Ananda Yoga as a relaxation based style of yoga including meditation. Adapting yoga for seniors and and making it an inclusive program. Am teaching at community centres, a private yoga studio and occasional corporate classes. Twice a year I lead a yoga & meditation retreat at a local facility.