Tracey Currie (CYA-E-RYT 500 Member)
- Location: Whitby, Ontario Canada
- Website: www.mettamovementarts.com
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Service Offered: vinyasa flow, pre/postnatal, Restorative, RestoraTHAI©
- Certified: Yogaspace - Toronto
- Years of Practice: 25
- Teaching Experience: 20
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Beginning in order as best as possible: Kathryn Beet, Marla Joy (Meenakshi), Darby, Ron Reid, Hart Lazar, Monica Voss (prenatal), Janice Clarfield (prenatal), John Friend, Todd Norian & Anne Greene (Anusara), Mark Finch, Seane Corne, Mark Whitwell, Yoga Vishviketu, Ray Long, Aadil Palkivala & his wife Savatri (Purna Yoga - 100+ hours of study to date), Rod Stryker (Para Yoga), Maya Tiwari (formerly Sri Swamini Mayatitananda), Anodea Judith, Kam Thye Chow
- Date Joined: November 12, 2015
- CYA Insurance: No
I truly love what I do and am very grateful to have found this path so long ago and been able to share with so many. I think it's incredible to be able to say my youngest attendee in a yoga class was 3 weeks old and the oldest 98 years young! It is a true blessing. I have always worked concurrently as a Yoga Teacher and practitioner & Teacher of Thai Massage. Over the years, I've watched both my practices change and how it continues to inform my teaching. This last decade, I've focused on sharing more accessible asana that builds strength, stamina and fluidity or ease.
For the past 20 years, I have been practicing and teaching yoga and/or Thai Massage full time. For 15 years, I made the choice to teach exclusively for one studio in the west end of Toronto while holding down long term corporate and private classes/clients. At this yoga studio alone, I am very grateful to have accumulated over 6000 teaching hours. With a running total of over 10, 000+ hours of teaching to date, I am really looking forward sharing what I've learned over the years with yoga teachers and Thai Massage practitioners of the future.
About My Service
Over the years, my classes have become more specialized focusing on Restorative Yoga, RestoraTHAI - a beautiful blend of Restorative Yoga and Thai Massage I began offering over 15 yrs ago, Pre & Postnatal Yoga and working with Seniors offering Chair Yoga.
As part of the YTT faculty at studios in Toronto, Ottawa and Port Perry, ON, I've led components on Prenatal Yoga, Pregnancy in Your Regular Classes' module and a 15 hr To Touch or Not to Touch: Hands On (or not) Assists.
It's been an interesting year moving many things online. Curating website content and class material for Metta Movement's Virtual Studio has been a focal point. I am currently getting ready for an early 2022 launch of my 45 hr RestoraTHAI© (Restorative Yoga + Thai Massage) training that includes 30 hours of valuable live online Restorative Yoga learning and 15 hr in-person Thai Massage Basics + Integration.
I continue to work privately and in studios in the Durham Region area offering Restorative yoga & RestoraTHAI classes, Thai Massage services and Thai Massage trainings.