Debra Black (CYA-RYT 350 Member)
- Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
- Website: debrazinablackyoga.wordpress.com
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Service Offered: Yin; Restorative; Vinyasa
- Certified: 889 Yoga in Toronto, Tracey Soghrati, Insight Yoga
- Years of Practice: 6
- Teaching Experience: 3
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Seane Corn; Sarah and Ty Powers, Jennifer Welwood, Bernie Clark, Nicky Poole; Natasha Currah; Marla Meenakshi Joy; Matthew Remski; Scott Petrie; Kim McBean; Tracey Soghrati; Allison Alexander, Tony Tavares.
- Date Joined: April 14, 2014
- CYA Insurance: Hub International
Debra Black is an avid yogi and a former reporter at The Toronto Star. After years of practicing yoga and meditation, she decided to take her teacher training in 2012. She has studied in Bali as well as in Toronto, doing her 200+hour Vinyasa training at 889 Yoga and her 50+ hour Yin yoga training with Tracey Soghrati. She did a 6-day silent retreat with Sarah Powers in July, 2014 and successfully completed in May, 2015 an 80+hour yin/yang/meditation teacher training with Sarah Powers in Greece through the California-based Insight Yoga Institute. She recently did another silent retreat with Sarah and Ty Powers in May of 2016 in Wales as well as a Buddhist psychology course with Jennifer Welwood in California-- all part of her 500 hour Insight Yoga Institute teacher training program with Sarah and Ty Powers. She also has completed a 16 plus hour advanced yin/Chinese Medicine workshop with Tracey Soghrati and Tony Tavares. She is available for private classes and workshops. She has also taught yin, restorative and meditation to cancer patients. Her future plans include more silent retreats and successfully completing the Insight Yoga Institute 500 hour certification program as well as taking workshops with Paul Grilley and Bernie Clark in 2017. Look for her series of private workshops to be held at various studios across Toronto, including Downward Dog in March, 2017.
About My Service
Yin, Restorative, Vinyasa Yoga. Teach private classes and workshops.
- 50 plus hours Yin Yoga with Tracey Soghrati (July 05, 2018@7:56:AM)
- 50 plus hours Yin Yoga with Bernie Clark (July 05, 2018@7:56:AM)
- Insight Yoga Institute, ongoing studies (July 05, 2018@7:55:AM)
- Yin Yoga with Paul and Suzee Grilley (July 05, 2018@7:53:AM)
- The Extraordinary Vessels and Yin (November 03, 2014@9:15:PM)