Joanne Preece (CYA-E-RYT 500 Member)
- Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Service Offered: Hatha. Therapeutic. Chair/Seniors. Restorative. Yin. Cancer Exercise Specialist. Yoga for Chronic Pain. LifeForce Yoga® for Anxiety & Depression. Meditation.
- Certified: Hatha Vinyasa, Seniors, Restorative, Yin, Pain Care and LifeForce® Yoga, Cancer Specialist, Anatomy & Biomechanics
- Years of Practice: 19
- Teaching Experience: Studio, Community Based and Private
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Gudrun Hardes, Charlene Sullivan, Kimchan Ramrattan, Katie Flaherty, Karusia Wroblewski, Christine Cinq-Mars, Monica Cordes, Judith Hanson Lasater, Shira Litwack, Tracey Soghrati, Neil Pearson, Matthew Remski, Amy Weintraub, Peter Blackaby, Jules Mitchell
- Date Joined: January 05, 2014
- CYA Insurance: Hub International
I focus on using yoga to help people with health issues obtain optimal health. I love to bring yoga to people who may not normally practice yoga and see them become stronger, healthier and happier through their experience. I am also a communications consultant, primarily in the healthcare field. I have worked with the Canadian Diabetes Association, the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Bellwood Health Services, the Canadian National Institute for the Blind and the Caregiver Awards program (among others) to educate both professionals and clients. In addition to my yoga certifications, I have a B.A., M.A, C.A.A.P. and a certificate in refugee mental health from the Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture as well as addiction training from Bellwood Health Services. I am the Editor of Canadian Yogi.
About My Service
Seniors classes and therapeutic classes for people with various health issues. Individual therapeutic yoga. Yin, Hatha, Vinyasa and restorative classes. Corporate workshops.
I develop and teach classes to meet a wide range of therapeutic needs (e.g. cancer, respiratory illnesses, anxiety, depression, physical injuries, chronic pain, arthritis, cardiovascular diseases, etc.).
- Yoga and Functional Anatomy (December 05, 2017@4:33:PM)
- Meditation Remixed (December 05, 2017@4:32:PM)
- Arthritis: The Modern Epidemic (December 05, 2017@4:31:PM)
- Yoga Biomechanics and the Art of Stretching (December 05, 2017@4:30:PM)
- LifeForce Yoga® for Anxiety and Depression Level 1 (December 07, 2016@8:53:PM)
- Ayurveda (March 28, 2016@1:03:PM)
- Pain Care Yoga Certification (March 28, 2016@12:58:PM)
- Your Body, Your Yoga (August 21, 2015@11:39:AM)
- Using Yoga with Movement Challenged Populations (August 21, 2015@11:36:AM)
- How Recreating the Body Creates the Mind (August 21, 2015@11:34:AM)
- Mysteries, Mythologies & Meaning of Yoga (August 21, 2015@11:31:AM)
- Yin Yoga Teacher Certification (August 21, 2015@11:30:AM)
- Cancer Exercise Specialist Advanced Qualification (December 03, 2014@11:33:AM)
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Certification (December 03, 2014@11:30:AM)
- Therapeutic Vinyasa (May 15, 2014@6:50:PM)
- Yoga for Seniors - Level 1 and 2 Certification (May 15, 2014@6:49:PM)
- Yoga Therapy Certification (May 15, 2014@6:47:PM)