Donna Williams (CYA-E-RYT 550 Member)
- Location: Mayne Island, British Columbia Canada
- Website: http://
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Classical Ashtanga / Hatha / Ayurveda Yoga Therapy / Mindful Somatics / Reflexology
- Certified: Salt Spring Centre of YogaCYA-RYS200, Island Yoga Vista CYA-RS350
- Years of Practice: 25
- Teaching Experience: 10
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: My primary teacher is Yoga Elder, Sama Fabian for the last 10 years. And, I am also deeply influenced by the teachings of Michael Stone. Venerable Ajahn Sona has been a spiritual guide for the last decade.
- Date Joined: October 03, 2013
- CYA Insurance: HUB International
I live in the small community of Mayne Island, where I teach, and also more recently expanded my offerings into Victoria.
I am fortunate to live close to nature and draw inspiration from it to inform both my art and teaching practices. I am interested in developing ways to benefit all levels of practitioners in the non "doing" of Yoga as we pay attention and attune ourselves to the rythmns and cycles of the natural world, cultivating ease and equanimity.
I am a long time Therevaden Buddhist practitioner.
About My Service
I offer a variety of classes: Gentle and Intermediate Hatha, Mindful Somatics, Restorative and Ayurveda Yoga Therapy. Delving deep into the eight limbed practice with particular emphasis on meditation (Dharana).
I like to work with small intimate groups, sculpting classes to suit the needs of the individuals and the group as a whole.
I offer individual sessions and also yoga retreats in BC and Europe.
My offerings are infused with classic and contemporary texts, and are very much informed by my long term study and practice of Therevaden Buddhism.
I also offer reflexology.
- Mindful Somatic Yoga Level l and Level ll (October 01, 2019@12:31:AM)