Mindfulness Everyday (CYA-RYS Gold Member)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (416) 267-4707
- Address: PH3-20 Guildwood Parkway
- Location: Scarborough, Ontario Canada
- Website: www.mindfulnesseveryday.org/mindfulyogacertification.html
- Service Offered: Mindful Yoga, Hatha Yoga
- Type of Certification Granted: CYA-RYT 200
- Years in Operation: N/A
- Date Joined: January 18, 2022
Mindful Yoga Teacher Training 230+ hours Dual Certification in Mindful Yoga and Mindfulness-based Stress Management and Resiliency Training (SMART Education).
The course is specifically designed for those who have a strong interest in sharing mindfulness and yoga practice, including mindfulness facilitators, school teachers, or health care providers, giving you the tools to empower yourself and your participants. The course merges the two wisdom streams of Hatha Yoga and Mindfulness. As a Mindfulness Everyday Yoga Teacher graduate, you leave our 230+ hour training with the skills you need to lead safe, encouraging and contemplative Mindful Yoga classes as well as facilitating Mindfulness groups in community, educational and professional settings. Explore and deepen your knowledge of Yoga philosophy and history, anatomy and physiology, yoga ethics/lifestyle, teaching methodology, mindfulness meditation, and breath work through hands-on instruction, independent study, and assignments. You will learn how to safely and confidently offer modifications, posture options, clarification of contraindications, and create a complete series of classes with progressive levels of difficulty.
1. Study of Asanas: (36 contact hrs., 31 personal practice hrs.)
• Training in the techniques and practice of the asanas divided by groups: Balancing Poses, Backbends, Forward Bends, Inversions, etc.
• Incorporating breath into asana
• How to sequence for a peak pose
• Modifications and variations to promote inclusion
• Trauma informed cuing incorporating the attitudes of mindfulness.
2. Teaching Methodology and Techniques (36 contact hrs., 20 home study hrs. ) : Asana Labs where students practice teaching a pose: how to sequence for a peak pose through preparatory poses, recovery poses, counter poses, assists, partner poses, inclusive secular language, modifications/use of props/variations to ensure inclusion and safety, benefits of pose, precautions, contraindications, and finally, the importance of personal practice
3. Anatomy & Physiology: (11 contact hrs., 5 on-line hrs.)
Functional anatomy and physiology, applying it to yoga poses, sequencing, and observing and understanding bodies in yoga poses.
4. Study of Breathwork/Pranayama : (10 contact hrs)
Training in the techniques and practice of pranayama/breath control (even count inhale/exhale, breath retention, Ujjayi (victory breath), alternate nostril breathing, breath of fire, and the relationship with the breath and our nervous system, particularly the vagus nerve.
5. Yoga Philosophy/Energy Systems: (contact 20 hrs., 9 home study hours)
Ashtanga (the 8 limbs of yoga), the various traditions/schools/styles of yoga, Buddhist philosophy, Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita, the Gunas, Yoga Nidra.
6. Mindfulness/smart Education: (20 contact hrs., 20 home study hrs.)
smartEducation™ (SMART: Stress Management and Resiliency Techniques) is an evidence-based program designed to address the needs of educators (K-12 and post-secondary), professional support staff, mental health professionals and community leaders, involved in the education and care of children, youth, and young adults. The program is trauma-sensitive, SEL (social and emotional learning) informed, engaging, interactive and highly participatory. SMART helps us develop inner strength and resilience to be with the challenges of life.
7. The Business and Ethics of Yoga (2 hrs)
8. Final/Culminating Evaluation: (12 hrs., 10-20 home study hrs.) Theoretical exam, asana practicum, independent study project, participating in peer practicum and final project.