Source Yoga Studios (CYA–RYS Gold Member)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: N/A
- Address: 2571 Pembina Hwy
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
- Website: N/A
- Service Offered: Hatha Yoga YTT
- Type of Certification Granted: 200,300,500
- Years in Operation: 12
- Date Joined: June 01, 2015
We are a small family owned studio that focuses on smaller classes in various methods including: alignment, yin, restorative, prenatal, vinyasa, sridaiva, meditation and thai massage. We offer a foundational training and an embodied vinyasa training that combined together makes for a 500 hour program.
Foundational Training (300 hours
1. Anatomy& Physiology
Students palpate key muscles for alignment based practices.
2. Study of Asanas
63 major poses are broken down in karma. Various assists also included for each asana.
3. Study of Pranayama
Emphasis on Ujjai, kapalabhati, analoma viloma, Langhuna breathing for the yin practices, orbital breathing.
4 &5 Study of Energy Systems
Exploration of the chakras and the koshas
6. Yoga Philosophy
Explration of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras. Focus on Yamas and Niyamas.
7. Developing strategies to successfully teach individual poses as well as composing class outlines including posture sequences, themes and supplementary info including breathwork, meditation, etc.
Embodied Vinyasa Training (200)
1. Anatomy & Physiology
fluid anatomy and the study of healthy movement patterns
2. Study of Asana
Sun salutations, various namaskars to prepare for hip opening, arm balancing, backbending, etc.
The family tree of asanas and kramas and how explore and create functional flow in the body.
Insight into ujjai, breath of fire, lion's breath, alternate nostril, yogic breath, breathing techniques for prenatal, children and grief/anxiety
4 and 5. Energy Sysytems and bodies
Insight Into chakras and vayus
6. Yoga Philosophy
The study of Dharma and Seva
Insight into Yoga off the mat and into the world
The radiance Sutras
7. Teaching Methadology
We look at qualities of a teacher, principles of assisting, to guide as a way to empower
8. mindfulness based meditation
40 hours (some of those hours are part of the asana component)
10. Empowering children
11. teaching special populations