Recent CYA News
- Free Toronto Yoga Show Passes
- Arthritis Research Foundation Fundraiser
- March 1-7 2016 International Music Festival
- Donate. Sponsor. Volunteer.
- Congratulation to the Prime Minister of Canada!
- 17 Global Goals as set by the UN
- Stretching the Limits at International Yoga Day
- ParQ Question
- CYA Members Free Entry /April '15 Yoga Conference
- New YA president Richard Karpel Stepping Down
Recent Member Events
- 200hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
- Trauma Informed Yoga Therapy (TIYT) Training
- 30 hr Prenatal Yoga Intensive
- Shanti Vision 200hr Yoga Teacher Training
- Level I Reiki Certification and attunement
- Rest and Reconnect: Weekend Retreat - Wolfe Island
- SAVOUR THE END OF SUMMER: Yoga and Writing Retreat
- Time to Awaken: An Urban Yoga and Writing Retreat
- Yoga Teacher Training
- Chakra Balancing
200hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
THE FUNDAMENTALS OF ASHTANGA VINYASA & PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
This Canadian Yoga Alliance accredited course in Montreal is designed for all passionate students wanting to explore and expand a personal yoga practice, learn about the healing power of the science itself and establish practical tools for sharing and teaching yoga professionally.
June 30th - July 28th, 2018
Monday-Friday 7-11am & 12:30-4:30pm & Saturday's 8:00-12:00pm at United Yoga Montreal
• A detailed examination and analysis of yoga asana, using three (3) main influences: architecture and alignment from the BKS Iyengar method infused into the movement based vinyasa method of T Krishnamacharya & Sri K Pattabhi Jois. Along with breath, vinyasa, bandha, and drishti will be the focal points of the asana component.
• We will cover anatomy and human physiology with its relation to asana and its specific effects on the nervous and organic systems.
• We will explore the logic and art of asana sequencing, how to create safe and effective routines, plus instruction on how to wisely and safely adjust, modify and adapt specific asanas for all levels of students.
• Learn how to create and maintain a personal asana and meditation practice. Plus hatha, restorative and therapeutic asana systems that compliment the vinyasa practice.
• Teaching skills will emphasize proper verbal communication of how to instruct in a powerful yet supportive and concise manner.
• Additional topics include: nutrition, yoga history, philosophy, Patanjali’s yoga sutras, ethics of teaching, the teacher student relationship, modern styles and trends, classroom management, demonstration skills, healing skills and reiki. Will include keeping a journal, homework, final examination, peer teaching and review.
• Guest teachers will provide an interesting mix of experience, flavour, imagination and perspective.
• Materials provided: a copy of the Yoga Sutras (book form), a paper manual (which includes a photo & description of every asana covered in the TT), any other additional materials provided by the guest teachers (workshops), a USB stick (containing a collection of mp3's for home practice of ashtanga, meditation, pranayama & yoga nidra, plus a collection of PDF's of supplementary readings).
$2,500.00 early bird price
$2,999.00 after June 1st
• 120 hrs asana
• 30 hrs meditation
• 10 hrs pranayama
• 20 hrs theory, history, Yoga Sutras
• 20 hrs anatomy, physiology, chakras, nadis
• 10 hrs yoga nidra
Please note that the yoga teacher training material is currently only in English
Registration and details: http://mythirdeye.info/main/events-2018(july)-vinyasa-yoga-TT.html