Recent CYA News
- Free Toronto Yoga Show Passes
- Arthritis Research Foundation Fundraiser
- March 1-7 2016 International Music Festival
- Donate. Sponsor. Volunteer.
- Congratulation to the Prime Minister of Canada!
- 17 Global Goals as set by the UN
- Stretching the Limits at International Yoga Day
- ParQ Question
- CYA Members Free Entry /April '15 Yoga Conference
- New YA president Richard Karpel Stepping Down
Recent Member Events
- 200hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
- Trauma Informed Yoga Therapy (TIYT) Training
- 30 hr Prenatal Yoga Intensive
- Shanti Vision 200hr Yoga Teacher Training
- Level I Reiki Certification and attunement
- Rest and Reconnect: Weekend Retreat - Wolfe Island
- SAVOUR THE END OF SUMMER: Yoga and Writing Retreat
- Time to Awaken: An Urban Yoga and Writing Retreat
- Yoga Teacher Training
- Chakra Balancing
Time to Awaken: An Urban Yoga and Writing Retreat
As we tiptoe into the first days of spring, do you find yourself longing to feel alive? Are your body, mind, and creative spirit yearning to shake off the cobwebs of winter?
Join yoga instructor Joshua Lewis and author Trevor Corkum for Time to Awaken, an intimate two-day urban retreat in east end Toronto. In a quiet, light-filled studio bordering onto a protected ravine, we’ll engage in revitalizing yoga, deep meditative practice, and a range of reflective writing practices designed to nourish your body and sharpen your sensory awareness. While honouring the quiet rhythms of late winter, we’ll embrace the energetic calling of spring, leaving you anchored in body and mind. With special musical guest, Lana Sugarman.
No prior yoga or writing experience necessary. All yoga mats and props will be provided. Workshop location is TTC accessible—just a short walk south from Coxwell or Woodbine stations.
Price: $195 per person + HST
Saturday, April 14
1:00 PM Arrive & Settle
1:30 PM Hatha Yoga
2:30 PM Story Circle
3:15 PM Healthy Snack Break
3:30 PM Meditative Nature Walk
4:15 PM Reflective Writing & Journalling
5:00 PM Restorative Yoga
*We will break for the evening at 6pm. Folks will head home for a quiet evening to sleep and then we will regroup for breakfast on Sunday AM.
Sunday, April 15
10 AM Healthy Breakfast and Cozy Free Time (in silence)
11 PM Spring Renewal Intention Setting
11:30 PM Guided Chakra Visualization/Body Meditation Practice
12:00 PM Music Performance by Lana Sugarman
3 yoga/meditation sessions
reflective writing and journaling exercises
outdoor walking meditation (weather permitting)
healthy plant-based afternoon snack on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday
special musical guest performance by Lana Sugarman
use of yoga equipment, outdoor space, walking trails
tea, special treats, and discounts on private writing and yoga sessions
Time to Awaken is intentionally designed to be a small and intimate retreat, with only a handful of available spaces. Please also note that this is a non-residential retreat; folks are responsible for making their own overnight arrangements.
Please contact Joshua Lewis at email@example.com to reserve your spot. Full payment is due upon registration.
1. Cash or cheque (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Email money transfer (send to email@example.com)
3. Credit Card via Paypal (additional processing fees apply; please contact Joshua)