Recent CYA News
- Free Toronto Yoga Show Passes
- Arthritis Research Foundation Fundraiser
- March 1-7 2016 International Music Festival
- Donate. Sponsor. Volunteer.
- Congratulation to the Prime Minister of Canada!
- 17 Global Goals as set by the UN
- Stretching the Limits at International Yoga Day
- ParQ Question
- CYA Members Free Entry /April '15 Yoga Conference
- New YA president Richard Karpel Stepping Down
Recent Member Events
- 30 hr Prenatal Yoga Intensive
- Shanti Vision 200hr Yoga Teacher Training
- Level I Reiki Certification and attunement
- Rest and Reconnect: Weekend Retreat - Wolfe Island
- SAVOUR THE END OF SUMMER: Yoga and Writing Retreat
- Time to Awaken: An Urban Yoga and Writing Retreat
- Yoga Teacher Training
- Chakra Balancing
- Hot Stone Restorative with Aromatherapy!
- Winter Workshops in Nova Scotia
Yin Yoga Workshop
Winter Refresher - RELAX AND RELEASE
A blissed out Yin Yoga session that will focus on releasing stagnation in the body, opening up the heart, lungs, hips and spine.
You will walk away feeling rejuvenated and refreshed.
This class will be 1.5 hours long, guided by soft music, candlelight and hands on touch.
You will be guided through a series of poses that will help stimulate the flow of chi and restore the body. Because water is the primary element of winter, a focus in this class will be to target the kidney and urinary bladder meridians (These organs are the primary organs that help move water through the body).
**Essential oils will be used**
**This class is suitable for all levels and ages**
**This class is limited to 10 students MAXIMUM so please register as soon as possible to guarantee a spot**
What is Yin Yoga?
Yin yoga is a deep stretching practice that goes beyond muscle flexibility and delves into the tension created around the joints. Poses are held for longer periods of time (5 min or more) to allow connective tissue to release and revive.
Its an excellent style of yoga that compliments any physically demanding exercise of lifestyle.
Benefits of Yin Yoga:
- It is good for restoring the mind and body and creating a sense of calmness
- It induces Fascia release - connective tissue surrounding our muscles.
- improving joint mobility - creating more mobility in your joints as you work on the tight tissues surrounding them
- Improving circulation and regulating energy flow throughout the body as many poses target energy channels and meridians in ways similar to acupuncture.
- Improving flexibility - over time you will be able to relax and go deeper into a pose
Where: Parivartan Yoga Studio
350 Burnhamthorpe Rd E #5A,
Mississauga, ON L5A 3S5
Date: December 5th, 2017
Time: 7:30-9:00 pm