Recent CYA News
- Free Toronto Yoga Show Passes
- Arthritis Research Foundation Fundraiser
- March 1-7 2016 International Music Festival
- Donate. Sponsor. Volunteer.
- Congratulation to the Prime Minister of Canada!
- 17 Global Goals as set by the UN
- Stretching the Limits at International Yoga Day
- ParQ Question
- CYA Members Free Entry /April '15 Yoga Conference
- New YA president Richard Karpel Stepping Down
Recent Member Events
- 30 hr Prenatal Yoga Intensive
- Shanti Vision 200hr Yoga Teacher Training
- Level I Reiki Certification and attunement
- Rest and Reconnect: Weekend Retreat - Wolfe Island
- SAVOUR THE END OF SUMMER: Yoga and Writing Retreat
- Time to Awaken: An Urban Yoga and Writing Retreat
- Yoga Teacher Training
- Chakra Balancing
- Hot Stone Restorative with Aromatherapy!
- Winter Workshops in Nova Scotia
TEACHING YOGA & MEDITATION to CHILDREN
Ages 2 1/2 -12
June 23 - 25, 2017
Friday, June 23 9:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 24 12:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 25 9:00 - 5:00 pm
Discover ways to incorporate yoga into a child’s day-to-day activities. These techniques can be applied in the classroom, gymnasium, activity room, yoga studio, dance studio, community centre and daycare.
In this 20-hour workshop designed for adults, you will learn:
How to structure a children’s yoga class to engage the participants mentally and physically.
Ways to build a yoga vocabulary and apply it creatively.
Meditations, mantras, visualizations and songs.
Strategies to adapt the exercises for children with special needs.
How to work with children safely.
How to introduce yoga philosophy.
This professional development workshop is for Yoga Instructors, Classroom Teachers, Phys. Ed. Teachers, Drama, Dance & Music Teachers, E.C.E. Specialists and Movement Therapists.
All participants will receive a DVD of rhymes, songs and mantras, written support material and a professional development certificate on completion of the course.
Location: 639 Dupont Street, Toronto. (near Christie Street)
Registration Fee: $415.00. A non-refundable $125.00 deposit is required to reserve a space. Make cheque payable to Sherry LeBlanc. Full fee by PAY PAL.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-532-5988, www.yoga4kids.org
Facilitator: Sherry LeBlanc, HBSc. E-RYT® 500, RCYT®, YACEP®
(Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider)
Certified Program Teacher for Yoga for the Special Child®