Recent CYA News
- Free Toronto Yoga Show Passes
- Arthritis Research Foundation Fundraiser
- March 1-7 2016 International Music Festival
- Donate. Sponsor. Volunteer.
- Congratulation to the Prime Minister of Canada!
- 17 Global Goals as set by the UN
- Stretching the Limits at International Yoga Day
- ParQ Question
- CYA Members Free Entry /April '15 Yoga Conference
- New YA president Richard Karpel Stepping Down
Recent Member Events
- 200hour Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
- Trauma Informed Yoga Therapy (TIYT) Training
- 30 hr Prenatal Yoga Intensive
- Shanti Vision 200hr Yoga Teacher Training
- Level I Reiki Certification and attunement
- Rest and Reconnect: Weekend Retreat - Wolfe Island
- SAVOUR THE END OF SUMMER: Yoga and Writing Retreat
- Time to Awaken: An Urban Yoga and Writing Retreat
- Yoga Teacher Training
- Chakra Balancing
SEPT 2017: 200 hr YTT and personalized wellness
Canada's first-ever 200 hr yoga teacher training with personalized ayurvedic nutrition programme
Proudly hosted in the 6ix
NEXT COURSE BEGINS SEPTEMBER 2017
The Sankalpa Institute is dedicated to cultivating a space where students can grow, explore and deepen their yoga practice in a “boutique-style” yoga teacher training program – hands-on attention, geared towards individuals who are interested in spending their precious free time with like-minded individuals who prioritize optimal physical, mental and emotional health. Our goal is to provide the support and knowledge needed to become a confident and effective yoga instructor. This course will offer a consistent approach that is conducive to depth, rather than a survey of different approaches. You can also take this journey if you want to deepen your own personal yoga knowledge and practice.
In addition to successfully completing your 200 hour YTT training, trainees will also be provided with a comprehensive nutrition programme, bi-weekly check-ins with a certified holistic nutritionist, and daily motivational e-mails to keep you on track and excited about your journey.
The Sankalpa program will adequately prepare trainees to teach a general adult population and incorporates training hours in the following fundamentals: yoga technique, teaching methodology, yoga philosophy, anatomy and physiology.
The curriculum fulfills all the components of the Canadian Yoga Alliance 200 hour teacher training course. That means you can teach anywhere - studios, gyms, private classes, condo buildings, you name it.
Two styles of yoga will be taught; Hatha Yoga and Power Vinyasa.
•Technique -100 hours
•Teaching Methodology - 25 hours
•Anatomy - 20 hours
•Yoga Philosophy - 15 hours
•Practicum - 20 hours (actual teaching of classes and class assists)
•Electives - 20 hours: students can choose from a variety of subjects such as Ayurveda, Yoga Business Management, Detoxification, or Pre Natal Yoga.
Tuition of $4,600 +hst includes:
200 hour Canadian Yoga Alliance-approved yoga teacher certificate course
4 month personalized nutritional programme, personal Ayurvedic consultation, check-ins with our holistic nutritionist, all-access to an experienced and friendly (maybe too friendly!) faculty
All required course materials and text books
All elective workshops during the duration of the course, including mala-making, meditation, pre-natal yoga, yoga business management, entrepreneurship and wellness, detox yoga, and more!
UNLIMITED yoga classes at a beautiful and modern, community-oriented downtown Toronto yoga studio
Join us. You won't regret it. Check out our website for more details: sankalpayogateachers.com