Krystal Henophy (CYA-E-RYT 450 Member)
- Location: North Bay, Ontario Canada
- Website: www.groundedstudios.ca
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Hatha, Ashtanga, Yin, Pre Natal, Aerial Yoga
- Certified: Ananda Yoga Studios, Ashtanga Yoga Mysore, Rama Lotus Yin Yoga, Rainbow Kids Yoga, Zero-Gravity Aerial Yoga
- Years of Practice: 10
- Teaching Experience: 5
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Melissa Williams, Ramesh Shetty, Praveene Somu, Asha, Chris Kummer, Suzanne Henning Did some training with Kino McGregor and I am booked in next year for more private lessons.
- Date Joined: October 21, 2017
- CYA Insurance: No
I grew up on a farm on the outskirts of Cornwall ON. At a young age, I developed a passion for working with animals. I graduated from a Veterinary Technologist program in 2007. I worked in veterinary and wildlife centres. During my school years, I was able to spend some time learning about yoga and began adding it to my daily regime. Once I graduated, I enrolled in many animal related projects, some that brought me as far as Africa. I found during these 2 month projects that yoga began to be very prominent for me as I was relying on various techniques that I had learnt and acquired during the last few years. As I did my daily practice, people started to join. Although I was not a teacher, we would just have fun exploring poses etc. It at this particular project that I decided I wanted to become a Certified Yoga Instructor. When I came back to Canada, I enrolled in my first certification. Now I live in North Bay ON and my husband and I have opened a school called "Grounded Studios". We offer a variety of yoga classes as well as a large martial arts program focusing on Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai. We have a very large kids program as well assisting kids in developing self esteem and leadership roles. I have dedicated the last almost 4 years to building our business tot he point that my husband and I have left our careers to create a space that welcomes all. I love my new role in life and cannot wait to continue expanding.
About My Service
Haha yoga, Hot yoga, Yin, Revive (restorative based), Kid's yoga, Aerial yoga.