Tanya McConnell (CYA-RYT 200 Member)
- Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Children's Yoga and Beginner Hatha
- Certified: Yogalife Studios, Little Hippies
- Years of Practice: 5
- Teaching Experience: N/A
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Sarah Zandbeek, Stephen Thomas, Brea Johnson, Shannon Shea, Chloe Dusser.
- Date Joined: June 28, 2017
- CYA Insurance: No
I recently started my own business in order to offer private yoga primarily to children who have difficulty in a group setting due to diagnosed disability or emotional struggles.
I fell in love with yoga when I began my practice and noticed how much it helped me to focus in the moment instead of constantly worrying about what I needed to do during the rest of my day.
I hold a degree in Child and Youth Care from MacEwan University and am a Certified Member of the Child and Youth Care Association of Alberta. I currently work with families with children who have diagnosed disability as well as developmental delays (speech, gross/fine motor, behavior). I also work with children and adolescents in an acute setting who struggle with mental health issues.
I am excited to be able to bring a natural approach to support healing the connection of body and mind to my clientele.
About My Service
- Private or small group beginners Hatha
- Private sessions for children with special needs