Mo Tus Nua Wellness Inc. (CYA-RYS 200 Member)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 204-677-9642
- Address: 40 Seal Rd
- Location: Thompson, Manitoba Canada
- Website: N/A
- Service Offered: Hatha, Vinyasa, Childrens yoga
- Type of Certification Granted: 200 Hr. YTT
- Years in Operation: N/A
- Date Joined: July 15, 2015
Mo Tus Nua Wellness is a yoga studio and wellness center offering classic and contemporary styles of yoga in Thompson Manitoba. Our teachers not only learn the foundation, history, anatomy and philosophy of yoga, they are also taught how to teach in a variety of settings to ensure confidence and professionalism in the field.
1) 30h Anatomy & Physiology. Going over the systems of the body and the relationship to yoga.
2) 50h Posture Clinic breaking down each posture and learning how to safely teach, assist, modify and adjust not only yourself, but students.
3) 10h Pranayama- learning 10 different styles of pranayama, their origin, the physiology, subtle energy of each, and when to use in different styles of yoga.
4) and 5) 25h Energy systems and bodies. Students receive a seperate manual on the Subtle bodies and energy systems. Understanding Nadis, doshas and the Chakra system and how to confidently speak about and apply them in the yoga class.
6) 10h Yoga Philosophy- Students learn the history of yoga and the lineage of our chosen styles of yoga practised. Hindu Mythology of certain asanas, the ethical code of yoga teachers, and the 8 Limbs of yoga.
7) 10h Teaching Methodology- Students are taught yoga class sequencing so that they are confident in not only theory, but also actual teaching. Students are taught the basic arc template of a yoga class, and how to create music playlists to the class and how to set up an ideal yoga practice environment.
8) 10h Other- Students dabble in partner yoga, kids yoga and prenatal yoga so that they have the ability to broaden their teaching and have an understanding for different types of people at different stages in their lives.