Purityoga Continuing Education
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 2508637437
- Address: 1968 Birkdale Avenue
- Location: Kelowna, British Columbia Canada
- Website: purityoga.simpl.com
- Service Offered: Hatha Vinyasa iyengar
- Type of Certification Granted: 100 hour, 200 hour & CE credit
- Years in Operation: N/A
- Date Joined: June 28, 2017
1. Anatomy & Physiology - Over 20 hours will be spent on the structural and safe alignment of the pelvis, shoulders, lower limbs, upper limbs, abdomen, head and neck, applying the principles of anatomy and physiology to yoga with emphasis on how to modify traditional poses to be made accessible to all level of practitioner. During this module there will be also be centred discussion on the importance of the granular systems and internal organs. Including modifications for certain medical conditions.
2. Study of Asana - Extensive study of asana, as outlined in the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, foundations, sanskrit names, modifications, benefits and contraindications. Studied both through personal practice and observation.
3. Pranayama - Extensive study of breath techniques, benefits, and contraindications. Studied both through personal practice and observation.
4. Energy systems - Chakras, Nadi's and viyu's - how chakras relate to the balance of our bodies. Breath and the chakras
5. Energy bodies - an exploration into the (6) body system - cognitive, physical, emotional, energetic, intellectual and spiritual. How these body's change with environment, nutrition and how that correlates with our own personal practice as well as how we can integrate and relay to our students.
6. Yoga Philosophy - Outline and explain what yoga is, where did it come from, 8 limbs of yoga and bagavad gita, yoga sutras of patanjali, upanishads. How the practice of yoga relates to western civilization on and off our mats.
7. Teaching Methology - Trainees will participate, observe and present throughout the course of the training using tools and techniques by a skilled instructor.
8. Yoga Nidra - Extra attention will be focused on providing trainees with the knowledge to provide Yoga Nidra as an option for their clients. Benefits, contraindications and skillful presentation.
9. Yoga as a business (the marketing strategy) - How to build and maintain a regular client base, and how to affectively advertise through social media.